Flat file to IDOC Problem

Hello All,
We are facing a problem in mapping a flat file data to an IDOC segment.

The steps we are following are :
Upload the flat file and converting the flat file to the record list. ( This is working fine)
Then looping the record list, and mapping the record list fields to the fields of the IDOC Segment structures. This is not functioning as desired.

The record list definiton is

Data
Top (always a single record)
Header (always a single record)
Items (multiple records)
Trailer (always a single record)

The loop is to fetch the different items and the “In Array” definition is “Data/Top/Header/Items”

But the Map statement within the loop is not fetching the values when it is mapped to the IDOC Structure fields. The end result is IDOC Structure is null. The values are fetched when the input and output structure names are the same.

Help in this regard is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

First of all I want to say sorry because this is not an answer fer your question, but I have a question on what you did. I am trying to do the samething similar you did, but I am stuck at my first step. I was not run or use the getFile service from wmPub/file package. I was test this service by reading a text file with just one character in it (not an XML or any other document, just a plain text file). Could let me know how you are able to read a file and what kind of file it is ?

Thanks in advance
Varma