Flat File Dictionary

Hello

I’m working on WM EDI 6.0 and i need to import the flat file schema for EDIFACT 99B for more than one transaction set. I wanted to know do i need to create a sepreate Flat File Dictionary for each transaction set or can i create one dictionary and use it for all transaction set for that version.

Please suggest.

Thanks

If you are referring to your application flat file schema then the answer is yes you can have one dictionary with specific record definitions to handle the different transaction sets.
If you are referring to the EDIFACT schemas wm will create one dictionary and one schema per transaction set.
In wm 6.01 it creates a folder EDIFFSchema in the wmEDIForTN package.
You can drill down that folder to see how it is organized after you load the standards.

HTH

Yeah i’m refering to EDIFACT schema. When we call wm.b2b.edi:SEFParse it ask for targetDictionary. I tried giving the name but WM is not creating the dictionary and it complains saying “Unable to find Flat File Dictionary: EDIffSchema.UNEDIFACT.V99B:V99B_Dictionary1”. SO i created the dictionary with the same and its worked.

So do i need to create individual dictionary for each transaction set?

Thanks

Uday

Uday,

On the IS Web Administrator’s screen on the left you will see an area titled SOLUTIONS. Under that you will see a link for EDI, select it.
That will take you the EDIForTN home page. From there select Install EDI Doc Types.

That should install the EDIFACT standard schemas in the proper format as mentioned above.

HTH

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I’m not using the Trading Networks. I’ll be directly parsing the EDIFACT files using the EDI Core. So for this i need to create the Flat File Schema for UNEDIFACT version 99B transaction set IFTSTA, IFTSAI. So when i’m trying to create the FFSchema using SEFParse its giving error for dictionary. Therefore i want to know do i need to create different dictionary for each transaction set or i can use one dictionary for all.

Uday

Uday,

Unfortunately I’m using TN. If you are following the docs correctly and the error persist you may want to check advantage for fixes. There are large number of EDI fixes for 6.01 posted already.

Hopefully someone else will chime it more info.
Good Luck!