Flat File Dictionary GUI

Hi -

I’m working with a flat file dictionary on IS 6.1 SP 1. When I right-click on a Record Defintion or Field Definition, the Rename option is grayed-out? Is that a GUI bug or is it intentional?

Also, no matter what I click on the dictionary, my shift arrows on the toolbar are also grayed-out.

If this is a known bug or limitation of the dictionary, do any of you know how I can make these types of modifications behind the scenes? I found the dictionary file, but it looks like the dictionary data is encoded.

Thanks,
Percio

Percio,

"I’m working with a flat file dictionary on IS 6.1 SP 1. When I right-click on a Record Defintion or Field Definition, the Rename option is grayed-out? Is that a GUI bug or is it intentional?

Also, no matter what I click on the dictionary, my shift arrows on the toolbar are also grayed-out. "

Its wiered…I have also noticing this same behaviour in the Developer61,but looks like this is the standard behaviour,I am not sure whether if there is any fix available for this behaviour.

Also i have noticed if the particular dictionary is referenced in the Schema then it is allowing rename only RecordDefinition.hmmm

Sure will let you know on this if any fix released if reported as a bug.

HTH,
RMG

ID_fix_5 will fix this behavior.
Also make sure one of the ALT/CTRL/SHIFT keys aren’t stuck.

Hi chris,

Where can we find “ID_fix_5”. After finding that where should we place that in our IS. Plz let me know.

Thanks
babu

BS,

Check it in the Advantage.webmethods.com

[url=“http://advantage.webmethods.com/cgi-bin/advantage/main.jsp?w=0&targChanId=knowledgebase&oid=1612044845”]http://advantage.webmethods.com/cgi-bin/advantage/main.jsp?w=0&targChanId=knowledgebase&oid=1612044845[/url]

Thanks Chris,

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
According to the link posted by you, the issue of “Dictionary not saving the changes” was resolved by ID_6-1_Fix6. But does it also solve the problem of the Dictionary GUI having grayed-out shift arrows ?
In fact some of these problems were so unnerving that I decided to drop the dictionary approach altogether and used just schemas. But if these issues are resolved I would like to go back using Dictionaries.
Shubhro

Shubhro,

I have seen the shiftrows issue behaviour,but try applying that fix and it should help.

HTH,
RMG

Guys,

At the time I started this thread, I also submitted a SR to webMethods. Their response is below:

"After discussions with our Product Development teams we concluded that this would be a new feature, rather than a fix. It’s already been added for 6.5 and we won’t be releasing it as a fix for 6.1.

To achieve what you want to do - you can do that via the services in pub.flatFile.generate. First call getFFDictionary as XML. That would provide you with an XML string that represents the flat file dictionary contents. You could do a search and replace on the record(s) that you want to rename. Then you can use the saveXMLAsFFDictionary service to create the ff dictionary with the new record names. I can’t remember if that service will overwrite an existing dictionary or not… If it doesn’t, just delete the dictionary then re-create it."

“…this feature should have already existed in 6.1. This is a bug that has been corrected in 6.5. Unfortunately our dev. team does not want to provide a fix for 6.1 as there is a workaround available and also as many customers are moving towards 6.5.”

• Percio

Percio,

we Appreciate you jumping on this and sharing us with the SR response from WM support as there is work around.But i am not sure how the Shubro’s problem resolves applying with the fix or workaround.