Error: incompatible build dates.

Hello

I try to install the v711 trial version on an embedded Linux control system (elinos).
I first installed on SuSE 8.2 and all was OK.
I then copied the installation to the embedded system.
When starting the ntd script I get following error log:

11:51:44 25-05-04 ntd: Starting NT daemon…
1 Ntd is not running on existing shared memory
2 Error: NTD is not running at the moment, please start it before using NT services.
ntwopper -v -u sag ntd
1 NTD 1.0(retail), made at 2003/06/03 07:52:59 with crypto support, build 111156, pid 620, shm size 768 starting…
2 NTD is running…
1 Error: incompatible build dates. ntd = 2003/06/03 07:52:59 with crypto support, client = 2002/05/04 15:23:13 with crypto support
1 Error: incompatible build dates. ntd = 2003/06/03 07:52:59 with crypto support, client = 2002/05/04 15:23:13 with crypto support

The ntd daemon is running then, but nothing else (rpcss, paulad, coolprip).
Instead of “RPCSS listening” I get above error messages.
Please help.

Regards
Guido

Hello,

first of all I need to mention that we do not support such embedded Linux systems officialy.

The problem you run into looks like you’ve mixed up two different versions. The dates you see are build-in check-dates of ntd and libmutant.so. You should check these binaries with the sagver tool in $EXXDIR/$EXXVERS/bin. Just issue “sagver ntd”, “sagver rpcss” and in $EXXDIR/$EXXVERS/lib “sagver libmtant.so”. They should all show the same version information. Also you should check with “ldd rpcss” if the correct libraries from $EXXDIR/$EXXVERS/lib are used.

Kind Regards,
Volker Denkhaus

Volker,

thanks very much for your help!
I have now got it running.
Problem was that there were some old libraries
in a sys lib path. Removed them and all was fine.

> first of all I need to mention that we do not
> support such embedded Linux systems officialy.

Looking further now, I hope it will work…

Thanks & regards
Guido