Enable webMethods in cumulocity Master subscription

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Laterst

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I am looking forward to have web methods integration with current subscription however i do not see any subscribed app for it or related to API gateway in the cloud.

i would like to be guided on real time API integration with external systems using webMethods.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

@Harshil_Gandhi Can you please clarify your use case a bit more? Are you trying to integrate Cumulocity with other cloud apps and want to use webMethods.io iPaaS products (like wM.io Integration and wM.io API) ?

Are you saying when you login to your Software AG Cloud environment that you do not see the webMethods.io integration products?
Please clarify what you’d like to do.

Wayne

Yes i am trying to orchestrate real time API integration with third party system like SAP and other ERP system and my purpose is to build business workflow.

My purpose is to exchange and sync data(mostly business objects).

Also I can only login to Cumulocity Application not other Software AG interface if any

Ok, I understand better. Here are some follow-up questions:

• Are you using paid subscription to webMethods products, or free trials?

• Are these all cloud based integrations or do you also need to integrate to on-premise applications? (we refer to this as hybrid integration),

• How do you login to Cumulocity? Do you login at the https://softwareag.cloud portal or directly into Cumulocity (via a tenant URL)? To login at Software AG cloud requires your environment name and account info (userid/pw). After logging in, you can access apps like wM.io Integration and Cumulocity (provided your account is configured properly).

• Are yoou using the cloud version of Cumulocity or on-premise ??? (Integrating cloud apps or on-premise apps involves different products)

Your response will help determine what needs to be adjusted.

Please find my answers as below

Ok, I understand better. Here are some follow-up questions:

• Are you using paid subscription to webMethods products, or free trials?-We do not have webMethods subscription(Free/Paid)
  • Are these all cloud based integrations or do you also need to integrate to on-premise applications? (we refer to this as hybrid integration),-Both to Cloud and On Premise
  • How do you login to Cumulocity? Do you login at the https://softwareag.cloud portal or directly into Cumulocity (via a tenant URL)? To login at Software AG cloud requires your environment name and account info (userid/pw). After logging in, you can access apps like wM.io Integration and Cumulocity (provided your account is configured properly).-I do not have access to Software AG Cloud or none of use have.we directly login into Cumulocity
  • Are yoou using the cloud version of Cumulocity or on-premise ??? (Integrating cloud apps or on-premise apps involves different products) - Cloud Version

Hi Harshil.
So you only have Cumulocity cloud license.
The webMethods.io iPaaS products will definitely solve your integration challenges.
What is it you are really looking for at this point? Do you want to try the product? Pay for subscription? Take some free self-paced training??? I can point you to some free training that will summarize our webMethods.io Integration product, and there is also training on using webMethods.io Integration to integrate to/from Cumuolity.

Does your company deal with a Software AG pre-sales or Professional Service consultant?

Thanks Wayne for responding

I would like to enable webMethods for my current license

However i would like to know ,is this billed incluside with my subscription or exclusively

I am interested in self paced learning as well.and the one with integration to Cumulocity

yes we deal with Presales consultant with a Software AG

Hi Harshil.
I suggest you talk to the SAG pre-sales consultant about enabling webMethods for your current license. If you only have a license for Cumulocity, you will need someone in Sales to help you get the correct licensing.

Also, you mentioned having the need to do hybrid integration from Cloud to on-premise. Does your company have any other Software AG products (for example, webMethods Integration Server on-premise) ?

I will get you some links to webMethods.io Integration training, including integrating with Cumulocity.

Anyway, reach out to your Software AG pre-sales consultant. You can always give them my name and/or mention this thread.

Wayne

@Harshil_Gandhi

To get some free self-paced trainings on webMethods.io Integration and how it can integrate with IoT (using Cumulocity), do the following:

Go to https://learn.softwareag.com/ Click the Login button. Scroll down and select “Sign up here” (unless you already happen to have an account).
Fill in the details in the form and then click “Create my account”.

This site will give you access to a lot of Software AG product training. A lot of the training is free and self-paced.

After logging in, click Catalog in the top menu. In the search field, enter: webMethods.io Integration (you can also use the filter on the left side of the page and select webMethods.io).
Once you find a course, open it and then click “Go to course”. It will give you an overview. To do the course, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Sign-up button.
The courses to try are (in the suggested order):

• webMethods.io Integration Basic (E617A-75E) – this is a getting started self-paced training for webMethods.io Integration. Like the title says, it covers the basics.

• webMethods.io Integration Essentials (E617-3121) – this continues from the Basic course and goes deeper into using webMethods.io Integration.

• webMethods.io Integration and the Internet of Things (IoT) (CL617C03-75E) – this shows how to use webMethods.io Integration to integrate with IoT devices. It focuses on using Cumulocity. So the devices are managed in Cumulocity but webMethods.io integration can be used to integrate Cumulocity with other cloud apps (or on-premise. See comment below on hybrid integration).
    Note: To find this course, search for: webMethods.io Integration and the Internet of Things

• webMethods.io Hybrid Integration (CL617C02-75E) – this shows how integrations can be done between the cloud and on-premise (The solution uses webMethods.io Integration to send messages to/from the on-premise webMethods Integration platform). This is very valuable if you have on-premise applications that will continue to reside on-premise, but you need to integrate them with cloud applications. It requires a subscription/license for hybrid integration.

Keep in mind there are other products that can be “snapped” into your integration solution (for example: webMethods API management, webMethods.io B2B, etc…).
BUT I think this is good to get you started :slight_smile:

As mentioned, please discuss with your Software AG Pre-sales representative. Describe what you would like to do, and they can recommend what subscription/license is needed.

Send me a direct message if you have further questions. This thread is getting too long :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Wayne for detailed help.

I will contact Pre-sales consultant

will write back again,if in case i need further input from you

Thanks a lot

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.