EDIINT AS2

Hi,

i’m wondering if it’s mandatory to use the service “wm.EDIINT:receive” (in a customized gateway service) when receiving a message from a partner through AS2?
can we do it just by using “wm.tn:receive” because we will not be asked to explicitly set the sender(AS2-From), the receiver(AS2-To) and the document type is recognized automatically?

regards

@Tim,

What is the reason to do so?

In AS2, document is signed and data is verified too. MDN is send back.

If you are coming with something custom based on AS2 document, IMO you can.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi,

our customized gateway service invokes the service “wm.tn:receive” that creates a relevant transaction with a recognized document type, sender and receiver without sertting any further inputs.

when we use “wm.EDIINT:receive” in stead, an EDIINT transaction is created with an unknown sender, receiver.
then we will have to set the inputs AS2-From and AS2-To when calling this service.

this is why i’m asking if it’s mandatory to use this service (wm.EDIINT:receive) in the gateway service when we are communication with a partner using AS2.

regards

@Tim,

Yes, it is mandatory to use wm.EDIINT:receive, because it takes care of various aspect of EDIINT requirement. EDIINT is not just a single message transaction. It has to-fro messages.

Like to know experts opinion on it.

Thanks,
Rankesh

If you are exchanging document using AS2, you must use:wm.EDIINT:receive

If you just want to post documents to TN, you use wm.tn:receive

AS2 brings a lot more benefits, but also lot more work too.

–>YES it’s mandatory gateway service for AS2 payloads receive.

Also please review the wM EDIINT module user guide for more information on the usage of this protocol and benefits.

Hi,

@rmg: thanks, i had a look on the user guide before.

what would be the typical getway service input? i’m using the reference wm.tn.rec:GatewayService (in:ffdata, out:ffdata,TNparams)

in our case, we are receiving both text and edi messages. in addition, as we have to use the service wm.EDIINT:receive inside the gateway service, we will need to get the information AS2-From and AS2-To somewhere from the original message.

regards

For EDI document, wm.EDIINT:receive is THE gateway service. It will post the payload EDI document to TN, so your handling code can start the processing from there.

for plain text file as AS2 payload, you can create a new gateway service (with reference to wm.EDIINT:receive ) since all the AS2 parsing/verification/decryption are done there already. For further processing of text file, refer to the flatfile dev guide.

You don’t have to build any spl custom gateway service if you are dealing AS2 and use the EDIINT receive provided out of box and invoke it or with in your custom wrapper as it always need ffdata stream…

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

I have a requirement of decrypting incoming zipped files in EDIINT message and then unzip the content files.
Can someone throw some light on implementing the same.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nitin

Compression/depression is supported in WM.
There are flag on the TN profile, extended fields>EDIINT>Compression

just turn it on should be enough.