EDI Schema & XML Schema

Hi

1. I have XML file which i had converted to document type in webMethods, without creating the schema. Can i also create scheme from this xml file without manually creating the schema.

2.And the same way i have EDI file(text file) which i need to convert into EDI document type and also want to create EDI Schema with that, so is there any option in webMethods to create it or do i need to do manually create the schema with all fields from EDI.

Thanks.

Bye

Siri,

Basically if you are using pre 6.x IS/EDI versions you have to create schemas/doctypes using templates (4010.template) file…If IS6.x and above you either use sef files or install from ISAdmin webpage see EDI link and there you will find Install Document Types option,after install the EDI schemas will be stored in WmEDIForTN package EDIFFSchema folder.

Search this forum for installing procedure using edi templates or with .sef files

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

I m using webMethods 6.1 ,. I clicked EDI in Integration Server, Solutions Menu, then i got a new window, in that i selected Install TN Document Types in Doc Exchange Menu, after that i got document type window, in that 3 fields available,

1. standard i given x12,
  2. version what i have to give???
  3. Transaction set 856.

Is this correct what i am doing. Pls let me know.

Thanks for ur precious time.

Bye

Hi Siri,
Yes. you are doing fine. In the version, select what EDI version you will be processing. Select 4010, if you will be processing EDI X12 version 4010…

HTH,
Bhawesh.

Siri,

You are in right direction…about EDI version ask your EDI functional team or trading partner and then select the appropriate version. for example 3060 or 4010 or 4030 etc…
it depends.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG & Bhawesh

Thanks for ur timefull help. I had done it.

But i have the EDI data with me in text file. I created the EDI Document ie. x12, ver 4010. Now when i use b2b.edi.convertToValues flowservcie, in pipeline for EDIFFSchema parameter i m assigning EDIFFSchema.X12.V4010:T856(T856), And i created a map in developer with 1 input variable edidata and 1 output variable edidata and for output variable i assign the edi data(which i have in text file).

I m getting the following error.
An error occurred while tracing.

com.wm.ff.parse.ParseException: [FFP.0012.0004] Found no valid records

Siri,

Please see the EDIModuleUserguide for documentation of convertToValues service.

The error you are getting is related to 856 parsing fail against FFSChema.

Regarding convertToValues inputs (map edidata,specify FFSchema,if possible fill the delimiters) and output map EDIValues to 846DT(use DocumentReference and locate your 856 document (856DT–this will be created using EDIFFSchema T856 (you will see the icon in the FFSChema editor to generate this document type).

If you created the EDI 856 test file,make sure the segments/fields/delimiters are appropriate to T856 Schema,then only convertToValues can parse 856 edidata successfully.

PS:If you are new to webMethods EDI parsing,please looking the WmEDISamples editoxml services which will show you convertToValues parsing snippet.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

Thanks for ur help. I got it.
Problem is i didn’t given the delimiters in convertToValues, now i got the EDI output and i also created EDI Document Reference type with my edi document at output side.

U really helped me in this suituation. Thanks once again for ur timefull help.

Thanks.bye
siri

Very glad to know it worked…keep going thru the wMEDIModuleuserguide at a glance could also help you to more extent.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

I have EDI data and XML file, so my task is to create a excel / text / word document to find out which data maps ( equals) from xml to edi or edi to xml. so what is the simple way.

Right now i have EDI & XML document types in webMethods.

Thanks in advance.

siri

1 Like

Are you asking how to write a mapping specification document?

Hi Reamon

I dont know may be mapping specification document.
but basically i want to do some basic stuff like what fields in Edi are same in XML file in excel/word format. May be i get mapping document later once i give this information to concern persons.

K Thanks in Advance.
Siri

Yes, this would be a mapping specification. An analyst that understands all the data elements should create this.

Basically you have to get those mapping specs from your business analyst/functional area team and follow up with them to create excel sheet with source to target field mappings (edi to xml or xml to edi what ever format is).If they are not helpful then dig into your applications and analyze the field definitions associated to source to target and try to create initial version then show it to concerned persons for approval to kickoff mapping development.This is how the custom mapping world works.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Reamon & RMG

Thanks for ur Suggestion & Guidance. I will do what u said. Lets see what happens.

I will update once i finish doing this.

Thanks once again for helping out.

Bye
Siri