Problem :convert to Values

Hi Friends,

I am having a problem when converting the EDI to Flatfile as ConverToValues.
The process is

EnvelopProcess
Loopover ISA
loopover GS
loopover ST
getEDIString
ConvertTovalues

the problem is i am not able to fetch the first record after ST(ex:BEG or BCH).

The version i am using is 6.5.
When i try to execute the sample package which i create in 6.5 in 6.1 version. I am getting the result properly i.e i am able to fetch the first record. The problem is only when i am working in 6.5.

Data and the mapping is right as it is being successfully executed in the 6.1 version.

Can any one tell me where the problem is ?

Thanks in Advance

NaveenKumar

Naveen,
Can you check if the required schemas are present in your 6.5 version.
I think you should be looking for “wm.b2b.edi.EDIFFSchema:ICS4X12”.

Shubhro

Hi Friends,

I found out the problem is because the properties of the EDI doc field is set as Exponential. Is there any chance of changing the properties of the EDI document fields.

Thanks
Naveen

Hi spg,

I have created schema using SEFParse service.

While getting EDIString, it is showing the ST and BEG in the first line seperated by \n and the rest of records line by line.

I am surprised why it is showing like that.

Thanks,
Naveen

Naveen,

If you remember as discussed earlier its a delimiter issue in your edi file and if you correct it or tell your source team to send valid edidata with proper delimiters in the Envelope,ST level data to success in parsing the document.Are you still facing problems in 850/860 docs??

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Yes still i am getting the same problem (missing the first record).
What exactly i have to ask my source team to change in the data.

If u remembet the edi document which u have sent (on which u have made the changes ), getting the same problem with that also.

But the same package is working fine in 6.1 version, If the problem is in the data, how can it works in this version.

Previously i was using 6.1 version EDI module with 6.5 webMethods version. But as per u suggestion i have updated my EDI module to 6.5 also but still i am getting the same problem…

Thanks,
Naveen

The document which i have made changes is working perfectly and see my previous mails for changes,after i updated BEG datetime field and newline segment delimiter before end of ST.Ask your source team to send segment/record delimiters correctly.It should work for any wM IS/EDIversion

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

You said u have changed the newline segment delimeter at the end of ST. Can i know how to change so, i will try with other document from my side.

One more thing , Can i change the properties of the Field in EDI documents. In MEA record the data is being stored in exponential format, can i turn it to normal numeric format.Do i have to make any changes for SEF file to do so.

Thanks,
Naveen

Basically the reason you are seeing the exponential format is Dictionary/Schema internally calls formatServices which are are stored in the WmEDI package.If you dont want to send exponential format then just remove the formatservice from the Dictionary in that particular MEA segment field.Save and retest it should work.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Once again same question, if there is a problem with the segment delimeter in the data , why it is working properly in 6.1 version.

Thanks,
Naveen

You can modify the [IS]/packages/WmEDI/config/format.xml file to change the format string used. Exponential format isn’t “wrong” per se, just usually not expected and sometimes not handled correctly by some systems.

What error are you getting in IS6.5 developer/logs?

HTH,
RMG

Hi Rmg,

As i said earlier, It is not showing any error in the error log
It is just missing the First reocrd after ST, in the Edivalues and showing the an error as bad data, and continuing from the next to Beg record.

If u want i will send u printScreen for better understanding.

Thanks,
Naveen

Send me the screen shot…As i said if the file has correct delimiters and valid data and it is working in 6.1 it is supposed to work in 6.5 also.

What is the exact error for the bad data??It would give u the errors list along with the Segment name in the pipeline results section.

HTH,
RMG

hi all,

1. can somebody tell me how to find what different elemnts in various segments mean(refer to what type of data) to be able to map for eg from XMLpo to EDI…
    I m unable to find any resource that helps me i this…
  2. how to create a IS doc type for the any segment in the segment mapping as shown in the webMethods samples?

Thanks