EDI---ConverttoValues

Hi Folks,

I am pretty new EDI. While converting EDI to Values, by using ConverttoValues.I am getting a problem.It is not getting the first field values after ST.i.e BEG value.I am getting some nested errors. This problem is getting in the ST loop.I tried to do the Convert to Values before ST loop it is working properly.
But if we are having multiple ST’s then the problem comes.

This input is fine.Please any one help to find the problem…it is urgent for me…Any suggestion will the be appreciated.

Hi Naveen,

Could you please post the error message you are getting.

Hi Sandesh

Thanks for response, the main problem i found out is it is working well with Single ST, if we are having multiple ST’s it is not fetching the rest of ST data.

In mapping,

Convert to Values,

if edidata is mappaed to edidate in service in. it is working for only on ST(for first)
if i map EDIstring to edidata in service in. it showing error , it is not fetching the first record of ST., and getting all the rest of records, for all ST’s.

I think the problem is in the mapping , do i have to make any changes for the mapping in Convert to Values.

Regards and thanks
Naveen

Can you post your edidata file,flow code screenshot as attachment,so we can see whats going on in your mapping/parsing.

Is your EDIstring has ISA/GS/ST(mutiple loops…)??

Probably it might be a delimiter issue which causes break in your first ST loop…

HTH,
RMG

Hi rmg,

I am sending the screeshot of the inbound process i have done in the attachment.
I think the problem is the mapping…when i map EDIString of pipeline in to edidata of service in…i am able to get the all the data from all STs, but with errors and missing the first record after ST.

Please suggest whether i have to go though some other process.

Thanks
Naveen

It might not be the mapping problem and it is with your data if you are getting EDIValues errors…Probably delimiters or some valid data might be missing against EDIFFSchema
looking for.

Also why are you looping over ISA/GS/ST?? is this step required for EDIString service?

Can you post your 850 edidata file too?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

As i said i new to EDI, and don’t know what is the exact process for converting EDI to FF, i am just following the EDI samples…
If u suggest me the process or send me any examples for it…would be a great help for me…

How ever i am sending the 850 file in attachments

Thanks and regards
Naveen

I believe you are doing right approach of parsing.Your edi file format looks OK.

Did you checked in the WmEDISamples package (this comes with EDI Module installation) and see editoxml folder services,it will show the parsing steps.

Also there are otherways with out using getEDIString…If you have bizdoc in the pipeline extract it from bizdoc/content(bytes) then bytesToString and map it to edidata.If you have editn_trs or editn_env or editn_grp documents in the pipeline it will have edidata content to extract.

What are the exact errors are you seeing in the out put of convertToValues step??

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I am getting error only when i map EDIstring to edidata i it is shown in screenshot. if not i am not getting the error if am mapping edidata to edidata, but working for only one ST.
Along with the errors, i am also missing the BEG record, u can observe in screenshot.

Thanks and Regards
Naveen

“if not i am not getting the error if am mapping edidata to edidata, but working for only one ST.” --Is this edidata has all the ST’s in it?? and the convertToValues should show EDIValues/ST (multiple ST’s)…Please also check WmEDISamples as said.It is hard to debug your issue until i see your code whats going on with it.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

That is the process i followed from EDISamples package…
In that ConverttoValues of the sample package…this is one mapping which i am not able to do in my service…
There are maps in the service
Pipeline In SERVICE In

1.               edidata(string)------edidata(Object)

2.               EDIString(string)-----edidata(string)

Actually we will not EDIString(string) and edidata(string) in pipeline in normal flow…

But i tried that one also by taking it externally those two strings, and it is not working for me.
If you don’t mind please see the sample X12toValues service and analyze the mapping…

Thanks and Regards
Naveen

How are you receiving EDI data to your service?? from TN or another process like FTP or reading from getFile??

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG
I am hardcoding the data to the in the input of envelop process

Naveen

If your edidata has single ST with ISA/GS/ST(single) its working you said right?? Incase of multiple ST’s you are having issue convertToValues?? can your confirm with testing?

If you see 850 EDIFFSChema ST (maxRepeat property is single) accepts only single and so basically you have to Loop over ISA/GS/ST and getEDIString and map it to convertToValues

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
In the Values (output of envelop process) contains the showing multiple ST’s. It is also performing the looping on ST’s but the data is not being mapped in the destination…
this is why i said there is some mapping being missed.
If i am mapping the EDIsting (which is output of getEDIsting to edidata of converttoValues…the data from all ST’s are being extracted and also being mapped to destination…but i am missing the BEG record.(and for that it is showing the error)
shall i send u the package so that u can see it clearly

Regards
Naveen

Attach the package(with all the info and schemas) either me or someone can assist you further if have time.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

If u don’t mind can i have u mail Id , as the package is big and WMusers doesn’t allow me to attach that much of file…

Regards
Naveen

Click my id rmg and see this,it comes to my email and will reply you further.
Email:
Send a message via email to rmg

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for that, i have send a message to your email address.

Thanks
Naveen

Sent you response with fix,there is problem in your edi file segments data…check your mail.

HTH,
RMG