Display XML Schema error

Hi everybody:
This is my first post.

After adding a XML schema to the catalog, I wanted to display it to ensure that no errors ocurred. But the following error appears:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://labcentrasite:53307/PluggableUI/servlet/Pro

<

while if I use the Internet Explorer to open the file, I can see it without a problem.

¿Could anybody help me with this?

Regards

Diego

Hi Diego,

could you sent us the schema you used?
Also how did you open it for viewing? Did you click on the schema name in the summary profile of the asset or did you use a different way? If you could give us the exact version (about dialog) you are using that might help us as well.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel:
First of all, thank you for answer me.

As you said, I tried to show the schema by clicking in the Summary view of the asset in the link called “Name”.

I’ve attached the schema you asked me. On the other hand, I tell you that we’re using the version 8.0.3.0-3319.

Regards
Diego
ObtainProgramID.zip (587 Bytes)

Hi Diego,

I use the same version and can display the imported schema correctly.
Please see the attached screenshot.
What browser version are you using and which locale is your operating system?

Daniel

Daniel:
I send you a word document with 2 screenshots: one showing the view where I start and the other, where the error appears.

While I’m writing this message, I’m thinking that the cause of this problem probably has to do with certain encoding or character set configured in CentraSite, because there’s no reason (apparently) by wich I can’t see the schema and you can since both we use the same version.

Regards
Diego
Display Schema Error.doc (291 KB)

Does the behavior change when you go to “My Account” (Top Right corner of your screen in CentraSite) and change your locale settings?

Daniel

Daniel:
There’s no much to change in that view more than Language, Time zone, Date/Time Format and Start Page… Nothing about charset or similar.

Regards
Diego

Hi Diego,
Daniel basically wanted you to set the following entries:
Language: English
Locale: English (United States)
and see if the error still occurs.

I’d like to ask you to also try the following - open a new web-browser and type the following URL in:
http://labcentrasite:53305/CentraSite/CentraSite/ino:dav/ino:dav/projects/WSDL/BTS_JuanchorWeb.ObtainProgramID/ObtainProgramID.xsd

Does this display correctly?

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary:
Thank you for answer me.

I’ve tried both solutions: setting the correct locale language and open the link you gave me. The error remains.

I attach the error.

Regards
Diego
Error.xml (1.93 KB)

Hi Diego,
I think I’ve found the reason for the error, but do not yet know why this is happening.
The problem is that this file is encoded in UTF16, but when you read it back (error.xml actually contains the contents), the BOM (Byte Order Marker) is not present. This causes problems for Internet Explorer (Firefox handles this). In my environment the BOM is within the file in CentraSite, but seems to be lost on retrieval for you.

I’ve enclosed XML Schema file encoded as UTF8 - could you import this and see if this solve your problem?
If this does solve it, then you have a workaround.

R&D need to do some investigation how/why this is happening - its going to be interesting to find…

Regards,
Gary
ObtainProgramID.zip (472 Bytes)

Hi Gary:

As you told, the problem has to do with encoding used in a XML file. I encoded it to UTF-8 as you asked me, and…voila! it works!

It would be interesting to know why this happens and, of course, if it possible to solve it because all (or at least, many) of our XML schemas are codified in UTF-16 wich is the natural way that Microsoft Biztalk does.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Diego