convert valid .xsd file into .tsd --> namespace poblem

Hi,

I am having a really hard time getting an existing xml Schema converted into a Tamino Schema. XML Spy says its valid, but when i try to load it into the Schema Editor I get several error messages. The original File imported an xml:lang element locally by the following statement:

after reading the thread http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5198 I changed the import Statement into

when I go and load the xsd file into the schema editor,load the xml_lang_space file from the database to be available in the namespace for this document i still get namespace poblems like this:

src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘xml:lang’ to a(n) ‘attribute declaration’ component.

there are some other Problem messages but maybe they will be solved when this is solved, because the document is soppused to be valid.

so how can i get a working Tamino Schema fom the file? Would be great if someone could have a look at this xsd file o give me a hint how i can define it as a schema…

cheers
Hauke
MPEG7_stub_fixed.xsd (72.5 KB)

Hi

src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘xml:lang’ to a(n) ‘attribute declaration’ component.

Question:
how did you obtain the error message - I assume this was via the schema check function in the Tamino Schema Editor. Unfortunately, this functionality is not compatible with the checks in the Tamino Server. In addition, it does not resolve references to schemas already being loaded into the server.

Using the pre-defined schema via
<xs:import
namespace=“The "xml:" Namespace
schemaLocation=“…/ino:collection/xml_lang_space” />

will be accepted by the Tamino server (but you may also define a schema of your own as you attempted before).

Regards
Uli

Ok, so that means it doesn’t make sense to use the validation function of the Schema editor anyway.

But to define it in Tamino I need to convert the schema into an Tamino schema istn’t it?

So what I did now is that I loaded the Schema in the Schema Editor added the Schema name “MPEG7”, added the Collectionname “MPEG7” and created a doctype named “mpeg7:Mpeg7”. But when I try to define this Schema in my database (vie the interactive Interface) I get the following error message.

Do you know what this is about? I attached the resulted Tamino Schema.

thanks,
hauke
MPEG7_stub_fixed.tsd (69.6 KB)

Hi

Which version of Tamino are you using?
Simple types with list are only supported since Tamino 4.4.

Regards
Uli

Ok, my Version is 4.2.1.8 so that wouldn’t work. But I solved the Problem by using the Transform function of the Schema editor. But then there were some other Problems so I took the converted MPEG-7 Schema from this thread:

http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=3828

changed it a little bit (had to make the references globel) an now I could import it. But Now when I try to load data into DB in this Collection i get a Problem concerning another namespace

I don’t really know how to make this namespace available for this instance…

I attached the XML (MPEG-7) Instance which makes the problems…and i will attach the working schema in the next posting.

thanks,
hauke
mix_MPEG1.mp7.xml (78.3 KB)

i cannot upload data anymore…the Upload Quota Limit of 300 KB is reached… :frowning:

:frowning: :?: :!: :frowning: :shock: :?