Discussion on risks of migrating EDI transactions from external service provider

I am looking for someone who had experience(s) of migrating EDI transactions from VAN to webMethods EDI (repatriate EDI transactions from external vendor to customer’s site).

My past experiences were “painful”.

I try to reduce the risk at the minimum this time and I’m looking for external insights and recommendations.

What are the risks?
To do and not to do?

One of my own lessons learned: Don’t under estimate the mapping complexity between the ERP and EDI standard.

Thank you for sharing

What product suite/tool are you migrating from to webMethods EDI?

Also SAG provides some EDI migration utilities that might be useful to you especially migrating maps (Gentran/GIS or Harbinger TLE to name few)…Did you talk to their Rep/support?

Ofcourse migration would be a painful/risk roadmap when dealing with complex coded/custom mapping objects and deals with lot of end to end mineute testing:

HTH,
RMG

Namaste RMG,

What product suite/tool are you migrating from to webMethods EDI?
GXS ES 7.6, AI 5.0. I know what webMethods EDI code looks like but I have no idea about
GXS tools.

Also SAG provides some EDI migration utilities … Did you talk to their Rep/support?
I don’t have direct contact with the rep but I will forward the questions.

Shukriya

can you please the set of questions to me? at raviraj.leo@gmail.com??? - Its Urgent…Thanks!

What questions the SAG questions from the above?