Designer taking time to publish CAF code

Hi,
Designer is taking time (2 to 5 minutes) to publish CAF code. This started from past few days. Initially it used to take few seconds. I’ve no idea how to resolve this issue.
If any one is having any idea on this or any pointers to solve this problem please let me know.

@Vikas,

I have two suggestions:

1. Increase the heap memory by changing it in C:\SoftwareAG\8.2\Designer\eclipse\v36\eclipse.ini
  2. Archive, delete and make lighter the workspace.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Rankesh,
Thanks for your reply. I tried as per your suggestions but it did not work out.
I increased in to 1024 and max to 2048 but it did not help. I only have one project in my workspace as of now so can not make designer lighter than this.

@Vikas,

Please update your java with latest patches and update the java classpath of designer.

Check the network condition [ping, other network statistics], if you are connecting the server remotely.

Any recent update in designer/ Integration server / MWS?

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Rankesh,
I do not understand the need of updating the java. Till last week it was working fine and all of sudden it became slow. what it has to do with java version?
Yes i am connecting IS and MWS remotely but i do not see any network delay also i am sitting in the same network where IS and MWS are running.
No latest update to designer and MWS.

Hi Vikas,

I assume you have captured different network and IS statistics and both are at acceptable level.

Sometime memory leaks/unknown bugs are there in java, which are subsequently fixed in patch releases.

I faced workspace corruption during one of my project on wm 8.2.

I suggest to export your current project. Build a new workspace and import. :roll: [HTH].

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Vikas,

Were you able to find a solution/ We are experience the same problem. The publish mechanism in the eclipse used to takes a few seconds now its taking a few minutes.

Thanks,

Hi,
I tried everything but no help. I was not able to try a solution mentioned by Rankesh where he suggested to update the java.
You can try this one and see if it works for you.

Hello Mr Gupta :slight_smile:

Two things to check:

1. Is MWS running out of permgen space? Try a restart, if it’s possible and see if that speeds it up.
  2. Is your Designer project very large, or your network very slow? Might be taking time to transfer it over the network.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply. Reason mentioned by you are valid but in my case both of them are not responsible. I checked all of them already and made sure this should not be the reason for slowness.

Sorry bud. All I can think of in addition to that is the physical health of the box: amount of swap space; amount of spare memory and CPU not being used by something else.