Designer resolution issue on high resolution displays such as mac retina lenovo yoga 2pro on windows

Hello Everyone,

Let me apologize for two mistakes.
Firstly, for posting my issue in a wrong forum (group). I couldn’t find anything specific to Software AG Designer.
Secondly, I suspect there is already a thread for this. I couldn’t find that either.

Now the issue part:
When using Software AG designer on a high-resolution, high DPI monitor (such as the 3200x1800 display on the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro or Macbook pro Retina) interface elements, primarily image buttons, do not scale correctly. They display much smaller than they should, and they are almost impossible to see. Using Designer on high-DPI displays is very difficult. Check the attached screenshot “Designer on High DPI Dispalys on Windows.jpg”. Tried to increase the size by modifying windows display settings. This only helps in increasing the text size. The size of the icons in the menu and tool bar have no effect. They are way too small.

This issue seems to be with Eclipse primarily. But by following the workaround suggested by Matthew Cochrane in this thread (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=421383) the issue disappears in a normal Eclipse (Eclipse Mars, Eclipse Helios etc). But the same workaround is not working with Software AG designer irrespective of versions.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks,
R R

Hi Ravi,

which version of Designer are you running?

If it is the Rich Content Platform PoC, there is an email address where requests should be sent to.

If it is a regular version, you might want to raise a SAG Support Incident on Empower and/or a Feature Request/Idea on Brainstorm.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks for your response Holger.
I am using the designer that came with webMethods 9.6 suite.
Tried using the designer on A high resolution monitor with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
I use Designer primarily for ESB service development, webservices development and BPM process flows.
Please suggest what my next step should be.

Thanks,
R R

Thanks for your response Holger.
I am using the designer that came with webMethods 9.6 suite.
Tried using the designer on A high resolution monitor with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
I use Designer primarily for ESB service development, webservices development and BPM process flows.
Please suggest what my next step should be.

Thanks,
R R