Designer inbuilt browser cannot resolve hosts

Hi

I’m having problems when generating web service connectors from a WSD & noticed that designer cannot seem to resolve hosts which are listed in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts using the internal browser.

Using an external browser the hosts are resolved without any problems.

Also I’d like to know if, when generating a web service connector, if I initially use the IP of the server in order to proceed with the generation & correct the wsclients.xml file before deploy, will this cause any problems.

Thanks

Ewan

Hi Ewan,

can you check the Proxy-Settings of your external Browser and the Designer?

You can try “Native”, which causes the Designer to use the same settings as are set for Windows it self.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for the response.

There are no proxy-settings for the external browser and I don’t seem to have a “Native” setting for Designer, I have 7.1.3 at the moment.

I can use the internal browser to display the MWS using the IP but not the alias, which made me think this may be related to the web service problem I have.

Thanks

Hi Ewan,

then there should at least be a “Direct” Optiion.

Please check under General section as well as under webMethods/SoftwareAG section, as the Designer 7.1/7.2 has multiple Proxy Settings.

Hi

In Preferences->General->Web Browser I have “Use internal Web browser” and “Default system Web browser” selected. In Preferences->SoftwareAG->Proxy Settings I have nothing selected.

As I said the internal browser can display the MWS using the IP address but not using an alais stored in the hosts file. The external browser can so it has to be a webMethods setting.

Thanks

Ewan