JavaNullPointerException on refresh web service descriptor

Hi,
I’m using Designer in UI Development Perspective for developping CAF Projects.
My Designe is in on my computer but on this, I have no myWebMethodServer and IntegrationServer on this servers which is on a specific server enable from my computer.
My computer is connected to IntegrationServer et myWebMethodServer for application.

The fact is when I create web service, I can add it on binding view and after drag and drop on my screen.
But when I refresh web service descriptor on Soluton view (for instance because a new method is enabled on this webservice), my web service is update but when I click right on method I already used, I have a javaNullPointerException. Beside in Binding view, my methods of web service are visible but disabled and if I build the project I have error like if the compiler doesn’t know the methods.

I have my designer up to date thanks to updateManager.
I guess there is something I didn’t see

Hi Vital,

is dropping and recreating the web service in the caf project possible?

Which version of wMare you using?

Regards,
Holger

Ho Holger,
Drop the web service and recreate it is not working.
I have to delete the wsclient.xml (or node in it concerning the webservice in question) and refresh the project.
Like this it’s work. But it is very embarrassing because there is a lot of methods in web service and last but not list I use environment variable for each method for endpointadress.

What is wMare ?

Hi Vital,

just a typo.
There is a space missing.

The question should look like this:
Which version of wM are you using?

Regards,
Holger

Ah lol !
It is 9.10.
To be honest with u, I failed to pass a fix (Java fixes 1.8 package W64) which is the subject on a other topic in upgrade forum.

PS : Il haden’t the time to say you thank you for Authentification with webservices : it works

OK Now I have installed the java package 1.8 fix 7. I can say it is not due to this fix.
Because I have still javanullpointerexception.
Maybe there is a componant I didn’t install on my computer which can explain the behaviour

Is exists a log folder to detect all problem with designer ?

Hi Vital,

please have a look in the workspace of your Designer under “.metadata” folder.

Please check if you have latest DES_9.10_CAD_Fix applied to your Designer installation.

Regards,
Holger

I have just faces-config.pageflow file

Hi Vital,

you have to select “Show hidden files” in the Explorer options.

Directories and files whose name are starting with a dot “.” are considered to be hidden.
The log file is placed under workspace/.metadata/.log

Regards,
Holger

Ah ok I see it

Ok in log file just before the Javanullpointerexception and stacktrace I have the following error :

[i]
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2017-08-03 17:15:53.689
!MESSAGE Contributor com.webMethods.sc.solutions.ui.views.CommonSolutionsView cannot be created.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.583
!MESSAGE The library “flatfile-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.flatfile.launch.core” for the antTasks or antTypes extension does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.587
!MESSAGE The library “flatfile-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.flatfile.launch.core” for the antTasks or antTypes extension does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.592
!MESSAGE The library “pubdoctype-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.pubdoctype.launch.core” for the antTasks or antTypes extension does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.596
!MESSAGE The library “pubdoctype-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.pubdoctype.launch.core” for the antTasks or antTypes extension does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.610
!MESSAGE The library “flatfile-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.flatfile.launch.core” for the extraClasspathEntries extension does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 3 2017-08-03 17:15:56.614
!MESSAGE The library “pubdoctype-launch-ant.jar” specified from “com.softwareag.is.pubdoctype.launch.core” for the extraClasspathEntries extension does not exist

!ENTRY com.webMethods.caf.common 2 2 2017-08-03 17:15:58.916
!MESSAGE Managed bean not found AjoutVariableToVariablesEnvironnement

!ENTRY com.webMethods.caf.common 2 2 2017-08-03 17:15:58.922
!MESSAGE Managed bean not found LancerAgent

!ENTRY com.webMethods.caf.common 2 2 2017-08-03 17:15:58.928
!MESSAGE Managed bean not found VerifierJobEnCours
[/i]

At the end of stacktrace I have :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.navigator 4 0 2017-08-04 18:43:04.199
!MESSAGE An exception occurred invoking extension: org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.ui.jpaNavigatorContent for object org.eclipse.jst.jee.ui.internal.navigator.web.WebAppProvider@2ef7635f

There is something wrong with bundle org.eclipse.ui.navigator and I don’t find it in Designer → Eclipse folder.

I FOUND.
Don’t ask me why but that’s work.
The fact is when I create Web Service connector for authentification I have to chose Non and not Basic (by default).
I don’t know why but when I do this, I have not the problem anymore.

OK If I chose None as authentification mode, I have a denied access to web service in runtime if permission is not set to anonymous.
So It’s not what I want but it is the only system I found to not have the problem to refreh my web service. I don’t know what to do !

Hi Vital,

what about this:
Define a Group in MWS which contains the users being allowed to invoke the webservice.
In Development Environment add the Developer Users as well to this group.

In IS assign this Group to an ACL for this Webservice and set this ACL as Read and Execute ACL.

Make sure that your Central User Management is configured correctly.

Then Authentication mode Basic should not be a problem.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger,
I knew it thanks to you beside.
But the fact is if I make a None authentification mode, I have no choice but have an anonymous ACL for execution.
So it is not a solution. I found another way after multiple try. I uncheck the Java annotation in dialog box to create Web service connector and the problem is solved.
It is enough for me but I really want to know why I have this exception.

Hello,

in order to fix this issue, follow this steps :

1-under project explorer view, go to file wsclients.xml and delete the line concerning your operation.
example :

Here in the example, the concerned operation is selectLogs.

2-now in Solution view, the operation’s icon is displayed as flow service and you can right click on it and select Generate webservice Connector …

→ problem resolved :slight_smile:

Hope this will work for you