data browser in 6.3.6 not working....

hello all,

we are having a strange problem with the data browser that I cannot explain. We are talking about 6.3.6 patch level 0 here. I installed it on my machine and everything works ok. Now, a few other people have installed it as well and for them the data browser is not working. When they select a file and fields and get to the screen where you fill in how you want to read and how many records, they get an error saying: the number of records has to be between 0 and 999999, whatever number they fill in. Also, when they change to some descriptor, it gives another, very cryptic, message about some invalid format.

Do any of you recognize this ? Is there some configuration that could be at fault here ? To me it looks like a software error, but why does it work for me then ?

by the way, these other people (and me) also have 6.1.1 installed and there the data browser works for everybody…

thanks
Ronald

Perhaps this is an issue with code page/character sets being used?

I suggest you open a support request with Software AG to resolve the issue.

Douglas,

yes, I think that’s what we will have to do in the end :slight_smile: I was hoping that somebody might already have run into this…

thanks
Ronald