Custom attribute fro EDI Document types

I was able to register my transactions using the EDiforTN EDI administrator. When I go to the TNconsole i am not allowed to edit my EDI document types because it says my file is not xml.

How do I get TN to extract certain elements from my EDI documents as custom attributes. In particular I want my Purchase Order number to show up as a custom attribute.

Thanks in advance.

Whye does the TNConsole not allow me to edit or view the details for my EDI document types.

Copy the editn.jar file and place into the
TNConsole/Lib subdirectory.

After that set the Classpath in TNConsole/bin/console.bat file as

%CONSOLEDIR%\lib\editn.jar;

Restart the TNConsole and now you should be able to view the edi transactions in TransactionAnalysis section for edit/viewing the documents.

HTH.

Ok, i reinstalled TN and the WMEDiforTN package for the 3rd time. I copied the 3.jar files to the tnconsole\lib directory. editn.jar, cryptix32.jar and cryptix32-pgp.jar.

I also edited the addclasses variable to include
%consoledir%\lib\ediint.jar;%consoledir%\lib\cryptix32-pgp.jar;%consoledir%\lib\cryptix32.jar;

I restarted my TNconsole.

When I go to document types and double click on my X12 4010 85 document typ i ge the following error.

ErrorMessage:
TRNCONS.000030.000024
ERROR

DocTypePanel
EditAction
Mon Apr 21 13:29:57 CDT 2003
Error occured while editing selected document type

The document type that you are working with is not an XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.

com.wm.ui2.UiException: The document type that you are working with is not XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.
java.lang.Exception: The document type that you are working with is not XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.
null
The document type that you are working with is not XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.

null
null null

com.wm.ui2.UiException: The document type that you are working with is not XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypeDetailDialog.<init>(DocTypeDetailDialog.java:103)

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypePanel$4.actionPerformed(DocTypePanel.java:218)

at com.wm.ui2.UiAction.actionPerformed(UiAction.java:77)

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypeListPanel$1.mouseClicked(DocTypeListPanel.java:110)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:211)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3718)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1164)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2593)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2497)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2230)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:914)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:131)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85)

java.lang.Exception: The document type that you are working with is not XML document type. Trading Networks only supports XML document types.

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypeDetailDialog.<init>(DocTypeDetailDialog.java:103)

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypePanel$4.actionPerformed(DocTypePanel.java:218)

at com.wm.ui2.UiAction.actionPerformed(UiAction.java:77)

at com.wm.app.tn.ui.doctype.DocTypeListPanel$1.mouseClicked(DocTypeListPanel.java:110)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:211)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3718)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1164)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2593)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2230)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:914)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:131)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85)

Custom attributes for EDI doc cannot be defined. EDI doc types are not editable.

Ok, so apart from getting involved with conversation management, instance queries, and the business integrator.

How do i get trading networks to extract out my purchase order number and display it in the transaction logs.

You’d need to extract it and set it yourself within your service that is invoked by TN.

apart from getting involved with conversation management, instance queries, and the business integrator.

I believe there is no other way to solve your problem unless above mentioned things should work ,as per the documentation.

pls Contact support for more clue.

HTH.

Hello,

I was also trying to modify the EDI Document in the TNConsole. What I understood from this thread is that this is not posibble. Then I have the question how will TN pass the conversationID to a process model?

Don’t I have to extract the conversationID as an attribute?

Thanks for your help!!!

Claire