Converting CST TO EST TimeZone in webmethods

Hi All,

Im Trying to convert the time to EST but its not working.
I Have used getCurrentDateString Service to check if im Getting datetime in EST.
i Have given input paramters as below
pattern: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSSZZZ
TimeZone: EST or CST
but the problem is im getting the sameoutput when im passing either EST or CST.
i Have tried other time zones they are coming correct.

Also please suggest how can we convert any datetime to EST in webMethods using a flow service.

You can check Oracle timezone documentation for short timezone names . SoftwareAG doesn’t manage timezones, they let java do it. For CST, documentation indicates that it is depricated.

2 Likes

The webMethods Integration Server Built-In Services document also notes this deprecation. Perhaps you missed this when reviewing the doc during your troubleshooting :slight_smile:

Note:
Because some three-letter abbreviations can represent multiple time zones (for example, “CST”
could represent both U.S. “Central Standard Time” and “China Standard Time”), all abbreviations
are deprecated. Use the full name or custom time zone ID formats instead.

It also notes: “You can use the java.util.TimeZone.getAvailableIDs() method to obtain a list of the valid full name time zone IDs that your JVM version supports.”

You may find EST5EDT and CST6CDT are available in your JVM.

1 Like

Hi Reamon ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I Have used EST5EDT/CST6CDT as an input parameter for timezone in getCurrentDateService.

Now Im getting currentDate in EST/CST Format.

I also need to convert anydate from CST to EST Format.Could you please suggest on this.

You can use pub.date:dateTimeFormat service to convert dates. These are well written in the documentation btw. You should check that out.
https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/integration_server/pie10-15/webhelp/pie-webhelp/index.html#page/pie-webhelp%2Fpub_date_dateTimeFormat.html%23

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.