CentraSite CE - Unable to login to CentraSite Control

Hello all,

I’ve looked through the FAQs related to this issue, but still could not resolve it, so I hope I can get some assistance here.

As mentioned, this issue is related to CentraSite Community Edition. I’m unable to log into CentraSite Control using either the install user or ‘Administrator/manage’. I’m able to log into SMH using the install user, but because I’m not defined as the CentraSite administrator, I can’t see anything under CentraSite. I do see that the Administrator and INTERNAL\Administrator users are CentraSite administrators under SMH, but I can’t add the install user as an Admin.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Regards,
Herman Au

Hi Herman,

please log into SMH with either Administrator or INTERNAL\Administrator, then you can add the installation user to the list of CentraSite Admins. Also check if the database was started successfully under the Registry/Repository and start it with the contect menu.
I assume we are talking about CentraSite version 8.2.2, right?

Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your reply. I actually have tried both Administrator and INTERNAL\Administrator but the password does not seem to be the standard ‘manage’. That’s why I’ve been having so much trouble.

I also tried to change the password for the Administrator user internal repository within SMH when I was logged in as my install user, but I got an ‘Internal error’, which I assume was because I do not have sufficient credentials.

Is the ‘Administrator’ password different for the Community Edition? Is there any way to ‘reset’ the password?

Regards,
Herman

Hi Herman,

looks like we have to go back a bit, two questions:

1. which CentraSite version do you have? Can be determined from the beginning of the file /install/products/INM2Common.prop

2. which OS are we talking about, Windows/Linux?

BTW, I never heard of another password for the Administrator user in CentraSite version 8.2

Kind regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned these details in the initial post.

1. From INM2Common.prop, “product=e2ei/11/INMJ_8.2.1.0.397/INMJ/INM2Common”

2. This is a Windows Server 2008 R2 install.

I haven’t heard of a different password either. I assumed it would be ‘Administrator/manage’ as well, which is the first thing I tried after installation but didn’t work (both in SMH or Centrasite).

I have CentraSite ActiveSOA installed on my local machine and have no problems with the Administrator password, which is why I thought there was something that might be different for the CE install instead. I noticed others with similar issues on this forum, but didn’t see a resolution unfortunately.

Note that I am able to browse the CentraSite repository as a Guest.

I’m wondering if it would help if I installed the Starter Kit (although I’d like to avoid that if we can figure out another way).

Thanks again for your prompt replies, and your continued assistance is appreciated.

Regards,
Herman

[Edited for correct INM2Common.prop values]

Hi Herman,

if I understood correctly, you have one ActiveSOA which is working and on another machine a CE which is not working?

Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Yes, that is correct. I didn’t mean to confuse the two, I only mentioned the ActiveSOA installation because the Administrator/manage credentials worked there without issue.

Getting back to the Community Edition instance, I did some reading regarding this from: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_ga/System_Management_Hub/8-2-SP1_System_Management_Hub/print/admin.pdf).

Please see attached screenshot. I think that I’m able to get past the Tomcat Layer Security because using ‘Administrator/manage’, I’m able to log into SMH. However, it does not let me expand the host. Rather, it asks me to log in again, but the ‘Administrator/manage’ credentials don’t work here.

I am however, able to get past that login screen (in the screenshot) by using the credentials of the install user, but although I can now expand the host node, I can’t expand the CentraSite node because the install user is not defined as an Administrator for the CentraSite product and does not allow me to view the items under CentraSite node (ie. Registry/Repository, etc).

Hopefully that makes the issue more clear.

Regards,
Herman