CC Throwing SPMCOME0007 error SPM returns response status 500 internal error

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this CC issue I am experiencing.

In my environment I have two Linux (CentOS 7) virtual machines and from SDC I downloaded the CC 9.9 Fix3 Bootstrap installer, the SAG installer, ran the SAG installer and created a wM9.9 image file including IS, MWS, UM, Update Manager. I then installed Update Manager and downloaded all the relevant fixes in to a image file.

I then ran the CC 9.9 Fix 3 Bootstrap installer on one of the VMs and installed CC 9.9 Fix 3 successfully with CC creating internally two repositories cc-fix-9.9-fix3 and cc-all-9.9-release-lnxadm64.

I then ran the SAG Installer against my wM9.9 image file with IS, UM, MWS on the second VM and from the image file installed just the IS and JDBC adapter products.

I then started up both the CC and IS and their respective SPM processes and in my Browser I connected to CC on default port 8090 and added the IS installation to the ALL environments in CC. The status of the IS and the corresponding SPM (on port 8092) changed in CC to green up-arrow.

I then in CC added a fixes repository using my downloaded fixes image file.
and then clicked on the Fixes
I then from CC Landscape view clicked on the “Installations” tab and clicked on my named IS link and on the following page I clicked the “Fixes” tab and after a while I get the following error reported in CC page:

[color=darkred]SPMCOME0007: GET http://esbis01.esbdomain:8092/spm/repository/fixes/REPOSITORY-cc-fix-9.9-fix3.zip returned a response status of 500 Internal Server Error

[/color]
[color=brown]Message: Un-handled internal server error. GET http://esbis01.esbdomain:8092/spm/repository/fixes/REPOSITORY-cc-fix-9.9-fix3.zip returned a response status of 500 Internal Server Error

Caused by:
Message: GET http://esbis01.esbdomain:8092/spm/repository/fixes/REPOSITORY-cc-fix-9.9-fix3.zip returned a response status of 500 Internal Server Error
[/color]

I tried again by changing the hostname “esbis01.esbdomain” to the IP address of the VM and I got the same error:

SPMCOME0007: GET http://192.168.56.24:8092/spm/repository/fixes/REPOSITORY-cc-fix-9.9-fix3.zip returned a response status of 500 Internal Server Error

On the IS VM I checked the relative path for the file /spm/repository/fixes/REPOSITORY-cc-fix-9.9-fix3.zip but could not find it at this location in fact the directory path /spm/repository/fixes/ did not exist at all. Not sure if “spm” in lowercase matters but the path and file don’t exist at this URL location even if you replace “spm” with “SPM” in the path name.

The following is an extract from the SPM “error.log” file at the time of the error being reported by CC:

2016-06-21 14:50:52.254 BST (com.softwareag. ... .ExceptionHandlerTools ) [SPM.ExceptionHandlerTools.SPMRMCE0004] WARN: Error: (id: 1466517052254) Internal Error processing the request. caused by: 

2016-06-21 14:50:52.254 BST (com.softwareag. ... .ExceptionHandlerTools ) [SPM.ExceptionHandlerTools.SPMRMCE0004] WARN: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.softwareag.fixinstall.spm.internal.util.ManualPhaseUtil.hasManualInstructions(ManualPhaseUtil.java:165)

at com.softwareag.fixinstall.spm.internal.util.ManualPhaseUtil.hasPreInstallSteps(ManualPhaseUtil.java:139)

at com.softwareag.fixinstall.spm.internal.provision.AbstractFixProvisionSession.listFixes(AbstractFixProvisionSession.java:134)

at com.softwareag.fixinstall.spm.internal.provision.CreateImageProvisionSession.retrieveFixesForSelection(CreateImageProvisionSession.java:118)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.util.FixRepoHelper.getFixUnits(FixRepoHelper.java:197)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.util.FixRepoHelper.getContent(FixRepoHelper.java:83)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.impl.BaseFixRepositorySupport.getContent(BaseFixRepositorySupport.java:22)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.impl.RepositoryOperations.getContent(RepositoryOperations.java:104)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.impl.RepoSvcImpl.getContent(RepoSvcImpl.java:300)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.rest.ContentMethodCaller.call(ContentMethodCaller.java:38)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.rest.BaseRepositoryResource.createResponse(BaseRepositoryResource.java:310)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.repository.rest.BaseRepositoryResource.getContent(BaseRepositoryResource.java:164)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ObjectOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:258)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:75)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:302)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.ResourceClassRule.accept(ResourceClassRule.java:108)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RootResourceClassesRule.accept(RootResourceClassesRule.java:84)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1511)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1442)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1391)

at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1381)

at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:416)

at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:538)

at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:716)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at com.softwareag.platform.management.remote.core.filters.PermissionsFilter.doFilter(PermissionsFilter.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at com.softwareag.platform.wab.filter.saml.SAMLAssertionFilter.doFilter(SAMLAssertionFilter.java:279)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:423)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1079)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:620)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Can someone shed some light on what I am missing in my setup or configuration. This is my own test environment that I am using to familiarise myself with wM9.9 and all the new functionality.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Rajni

Rajni,
Home > Installation > ALL > >> Fixes tab

This section will show the list of fixes that has been installed in the machine provided SPM is running…

I would want to suggest you/recommend you to make use of CCE 9.10 instead of 9.9. You can still manage 9.9 installations using the latest CC 9.10. As you just started to make your hands wet with the product, it makes sense if you start with CCE 9.10

-Senthil

Please note that this is a fresh installation of CCE 9.9 Fix3 and IS 9.9 with no fixes. Within CC I navigated to Home > Installation > ALL > >> Fixes tab and after a while I got the above posted error message. I do not see what the difference would be to use CC 9.10 as CC should have returned with the IS fix details as null from the IS SPM.

Thank you for the suggestion but if it does not work at 9.9 what guarantee is there it will work in CC 9.10 and if it does then it does not resolve the issue for 9.9 users.

Rajni

It is not that, you can manage 9.9 webMethods components only with CCE 9.9… You can use CCE 9.10 to manage your 9.9 better as latest is always with new features and enhancements.

I have CCE 9.10 running, and I can see it displaying correct (proof is attached screenshot).

You can work with SAG support logging a ticket.

-Senthil