Command Central throwing errors while connecting to INtegartion Server

Hi,

Our command central installation is just one day old. So, I am not sure if all the installations and configurations are proper or not.

CCE is monitoing Integration server properly. Atleast it show that IS is up. But when I click on the Integration Server link on the overview page, I get the following error in the logs. Am I missing any setting?

2014-04-17 15:09:09.929 EST (com.softwareag. ... .ExceptionHandlerTools        ) [SPM.ExceptionHandlerTools.SPMRMCE0004] WARN: Error: (id: 1397711349929) No primary or HTTPS ports are found for integrationServer-ENGINE component and its parent/child relations.  caused by: 
2014-04-17 15:09:09.929 EST (com.softwareag. ... .ExceptionHandlerTools        ) [SPM.ExceptionHandlerTools.SPMRMCE0004] WARN: com.softwareag.platform.management.common.exceptions.PlatformManagerException: No primary or HTTPS ports are found for integrationServer-ENGINE component and its parent/child relations. 
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.spi.CommonAdminUiConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(CommonAdminUiConfigurationManager.java:82)
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.impl.ConfigurationServiceImpl.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationServiceImpl.java:236)
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.impl.ConfigurationServiceImpl.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationServiceImpl.java:227)
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.impl.ConcurrentConfigurationServiceWrapperImpl.loadConfiguration(ConcurrentConfigurationServiceWrapperImpl.java:158)
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.rest.ConfigurationInstanceResource.loadCurrentConfiguration(ConfigurationInstanceResource.java:306)
  at com.softwareag.platform.management.configuration.rest.ConfigurationInstanceResource.loadConfigurationAsText(ConfigurationInstanceResource.java:110)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

Also, on clicking of the lilnk, it opens a new window for the following URL, albeit with an erro:

GET http://:6092/spm/configuration/data/OSGI-IS/COMMON-ADMINUI returned a response status of 500 Internal Server Error

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

Hi,

This issue is resolved. For some reason, command central was not picking up the existing ports from the IS properly. I added a test port and all the ports appeared.

Regards,
Ninad Patil

I can explain what’s going on. It is still the way it works in 9.6 and upcoming 9.7 release.

If you attempted to load any IS configuration using CC (UI or CLI) while IS was not running, IS SPM plugin fails to retrieve the configuration data because it requires IS to be running. CC caches this incomplete data set and uses it for a while until next automatic cache refresh or an explicit refresh by the user/client. Any higher level services, for example the one that creates SSO URL to IS, relies on the cached data and it fails to construct the link to IS because there is no port configuration available. Even if you start IS, CC will not automatically pull configuration data right away.

To handle such situation in Web UI just open Configuration tab for Integration Server and click refresh icon. It will pull of the latest configuration data from the running IS, including ports. Then go back to Overview tab and you should be able to use the SSO link to IS.

In a future release we could automatically refresh the cache once a component goes ONLINE to avoid incomplete cache situation.

This problem does not apply to all components, only for those that cannot handle configuration data offline.