Can't view process instances in Process Monitor

Hi Guys,

I’m having issues with display of process model instances.

In MWS Administrator view, Application > Business > Process Instances tab doesn’t display process instances at all (with basic and advance search).

Tried invoking wm monitor service pub.monitor.process.instance:getInstance with the instance id present in database. This service returned no response (Not sure if this service is used by the process monitor portlet, but thought to give a try).

However, the process instances information can be seen in tables such as
[PRA_PROCESS], [PRA_PROCESS_CUSTOM], [PRA_PROCESS_STEP], [PRA_STEP_MESSAGE].

Verified the below configuration and it is set correct.

1. The logging level for the process model is set to ‘5’
  2. ISCoreAudit, ProcessAudit, Process Engine database connections are correct (pointing to the database where I can see the live process instances data in the the above tables).
  3. WmMonitor package home page has the MWS server details correct.
  4. The webMethods Administrator role is present in MonitorAdministrator ACL
  5. SAML authentication is successful

Do you have any idea why the process instances can’t be seen / the IS Process monitor services does not return the data?

Monitor Version: 9.8.0.0008-0184

Kind regards,
Raj

Hi Raja,

please check if DataLevelSecurity is enabled in the WmMonitor package.

If so you need to modify the webMethods Administrator Role in MWS and allow it to see all process models.

See Monitor Guides for details.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

The ‘Data Level Security’ is not enabled in the WmMonitor package. PFA

Kind regards,
Raj
DataLevelSecurityNotEnabled.png

Hi Raja,

are you able to retrieve the instances locally by calling the service from WmMonitor package in IS Admin Ui?

Please check IS server.log, IS error log as well as MWS full.log for any messages related to this.

There might be an issue with Central User Management interconnection as WmMonitor services are checking the permissions against MWS User-Database.
Please note that the password for the user Administrator needs to be the same on IS and MWS for SAML to work correctly.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I can’t see any errors in the logs. However, when reloading the process monitor page - I can see below query in the logs.

[MOD.0120.0025D] prepared statement: SELECT COUNT(t7.INSTANCEID) FROM PRA_PROCESS_RECENT t7 WHERE (t7.PARENTSTEPTYPE <> 3 OR t7.PARENTSTEPTYPE IS null) AND (t7.AUDITTIMESTAMP <= ?)

Created a process instance to see if it keeps an entry in PRA_PROCESS_RECENT. It did not create.

Now, the question is - Why is the data not getting stored into this table PRA_PROCESS_RECENT for the process instances that are created now. I can see the data about the process instances that I created in all other tables [PRA_PROCESS], [PRA_PROCESS_CUSTOM], [PRA_PROCESS_STEP], [PRA_STEP_MESSAGE] but not in PRA_PROCESS_RECENT. Also, even though the entry is not present in PRA_PROCESS_RECENT, the process instance is created and closed successfully and there are no errors in the logs in creating and executing the process instance (can’t see the process instance in the monitor, but can see the steps executed in the logs).

Invoked wm monitor service pub.monitor.process.instance:getInstance with the instance id present in database. This service returned no response (Not sure if this service is used by the process monitor portlet, but thought to give a try).

Do you have any inputs?

Kind regards,
Raj

Hi Raja,

which type of messaging provider are you using? Broker or UM?
Is this configured in WmPRT package config?

Please provide your wM Version with Fixes applied for IS_Core, PRT, Monitor, DC_DBS, SCG_LWQ, SCG_Audit, SCG_DataDirect, SCG_Core, MWS, Monitor_MWS.

A Screenshot of /WmRoot/iupdates.dsp might be helpful in thios case.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

We are using UM.

PFA.

Kind regards,
Raj

Hi,

Are you getting everything green in MWS->Administration->My webMethods->System Settings->Servers->Check Server Status ?

Are you using Optimize for Processes and the Analytic Engine is configured and running?

To you have the database components updated to the same fix level as the Process Engine (and Optimize if you have it)?

Best Regards,

Hi Raja,

from your Screenshot I cannot see that WmMonitor packages is installed on your IS.

Can you please check why this package is not listed on the updates page?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Guys,

We dropped the PRA* and PRT* tables and recreated them. It started working after that.

This issue happened in our DEV env. Hence we didn’t mind recreating the tables.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Raj