Can't update my product using Update Manager

Hello.

I’m trying to update my webMethods products using the Update Manager CMD inside our linux server.

But, I am inside a company proxy. If try to update, Update Manager returns the following message to me:

This message appears because, inside my company, we need to specify our certificate file to connect to any other HTTPS address. If I just set the proxy it doesn’t work!

So, I had to use the following keytool command to add our certificate file to [Update_Manager_Root_folder]/jvm/jre/lib/security/cacerts file:

keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore cacerts -alias myCertificate -import -file ~/cert/mycert.crt

It does work. And when I try to run ./UpdateManagerCMD.sh it does connect to sdc.softwareag.com successfully.

BUT IT STARTS TO DOWNLOAD A JVM.ZIP FILE THAT OVERWRITES THE cacerts FILE THAT I ADDED MY CERTIFICATE BEFORE… SO, UPDATE MANAGER BECOMES UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATES AGAIN!

2019/11/05 12:44:52 INFO | Connecting to sdc.softwareag.com
2019/11/05 12:44:53 INFO | Connection was successful
2019/11/05 12:44:53 INFO |
2019/11/05 12:45:19 INFO | Downloading jvm.zip …
2019/11/05 12:47:45 INFO | Downloading launcher.zip …

I’m unable to update via Update Manager due to this issue.

Please, what should I do to fix this issue?

Hi Renan,

can you try to download a fix image locally with UpdateManager and then use this image on Linux server to update your remote instances? When a Fix has platform specific parts (they have a mark in brackets behind their name) select the one for your target linux version.
During application of fixes to your server skip the Java Package Fix.

Regards,
Holger

Hmmm, I’m afraid that I won’t be able to do this because all of our network here works behind this proxy and we always need to use the certificate when doing HTTPS requests… Unless I download the image in my personal computer and bring to my company.

But, even getting the image, how can I check for the newest version comparing with the current version inside my Linux Server?

Do exists a way to skip this JVM.zip downloading?

Thank you

Hi Renan,

please provide your wM version.

Looks like you are trying to download and install UpdateManager using the new UpdateManager installer prior to downloading the real fix image.

You might want to consider opening an incident and/or feature request at Empower or Brainstorm to get the proxy config page adjusted.

Regards,
Holger