This article shows you how to import the existing users present in an LDAP server into the AgileApps platform, without forcing each user to access and login to the AgileApps system. Assign tasks or records to the users which can be picked up and worked upon when they login to the AgileApps platform.
Any user who has the User Management and Import and Export Data administrative permissions can perform the required operations to import the LDAP users through a data import. For more information on permissions, see Administrative Permissions.
Before you begin
Ensure to configure the required tenant capabilities for the tenant using the ISV login. For more information on capabilities, see Manage Tenant Capabilities.
Import LDAP Users to AgileApps
To import the LDAP users to the AgileApps platform, you have to perform the following:
1. Install the application package.
2. Import the CSV file into the object available in the installed application.
Install the application package
- 1. Click ldapuserimport10.11.zip to download the application package.
- 2. Navigate to > Administration > Account Management > Packages.
- 3. Click Install from File.
- 4. Select the application package zip file ldapuserimport10.11.zip and click on Next.
- 5. In the Install Package screen, For ROLES in the package section, select Merge roles.
- Note: This section may not be visible if you are installing the package for the first time.
- 6. Share the resource, a) LDAPUserImporter object and LDAPUserImporter custom class to any existing application, for example - ServiceDesk application, by navigating to > Customization > Resource Sharing.
Import the CSV file into the Object
- 1. Click LDAPUsers.csv to download the sample CSV file.
- 2. Insert the LDAP users' basic information into the CSV file as follows:
- a) First Name
- b) Last Name
- c) Email Address (present in LDAP server)
- d) Username (present in LDAP server)
- e) Access Profile Id (same as the LDAP configuration in AgileApps)
- f) Team Id (same as the LDAP configuration in AgileApps)
- g) Applications Access (support for multiple applications with their associated roles)
- h) Record ID (any unique number)
- i) Owner ID (3 - the System user, however, you can also mention any valid user id present in AgileApps)
- 2. Navigate to > Administration > Data Management > Import Data.
- 3. In the Import Data screen, In the Choose the Target Object drop-down list, select LDAPUserImporter.
- 4. In the Upload CSV File tab, select Choose File and then select the LDAPUsers.csv file. set the Encoding Type
as UTF-8 and click Next.
- 5. In the Map Columns tab, map the corresponding columns from the CSV file to the object fields and click Next.
- 6. In the Confirmation screen, verify your mapping and click Ok.
- 7. In the Set Attributes tab, let the fields be as is.
- 8. Click Start Import.
- Note: Once the user creation is successful, the records from the LDAPUserImporter object are deleted.
All the LDAP users mentioned in the CSV file are created in the AgileApps platform. You can now select these users from the User Lookups to assign any tasks or records.
However, the synchronization of users' information with the LDAP server happens only when the respective user logs into AgileApps with his or her valid credentials.