argbatch - create database from backup

I’m attempting to script the creation of a database from a backup file generated on another host. This is something I’m currently doing manually and would like to automate.

My platform is Win2K.

I execute the following:
argbatch create database target= product=tamino name= backup_type=“file” initial file= user= password=

This command provides the following message:
Running for product tamino 2.3.1.4 on target node

Specification of parameter initial not allowed!
Specification of parameter file not allowed!

usage: create database [help]…

I’m able to create a database otherwise, but the requirement is to create a database from a specific backup file.

Thanks,
bgodin

Continuing to work on this problem (using v2.3.1.4).

This command:
argbatch create database target= product=Tamino name= backup_type=“file” “initial file=” user=uuu password=ppp

will execute - notice the quotes all the way around the ‘initial file’ argument. However, during the execution the server throws a fatal error: Fatal: (INORBF4265) Internal error found in backup copy

I continue to research this problem. If anyone has insite, please help.

Thanks,
bgodin

Hi,

I would like to point out 3 important things when using argbatch:

1. The value that has to be used for the parameter “target” is NOT the hostname from /etc/hosts but the CASE SENSITIVE NAME that is displayed in the Tamino Manager (SMH) under “Managed Hosts”, e.g. MYHOST.my-domain.com.
It is important to know that ONLY THIS CASE SENSITIVE NAME is the correct value for the parameter target.

Example: “target=MYHOST.my-domain.com

2. You can obtain detailed information about a certain argbatch command by calling the command with the parameter helplong, e.g.

argbatch create database helplong target=“MYHOST.my-domain.com” product=tamino user=yourdomain\sag password=***

3. In your case it should help to provide optional parameters which specify the size of the dataspace and index space, e.g.

dataspacesize_0=200
indexspacesize_0=100
journalspacesize=300

Especially if the database you backuped consisted of multiple data spaces, it is important to provide enough space when doing a “create database” from backup.

Best regards,

Jan Harmsen
Software Engineer
Software AG