Adding EDI Id Types to TN

I was checking the documentation for adding an External Id Type and here is what I found.

1 Open the Server Administrator if it is not already open.
2 In the Solutions menu of the navigation panel, click EDI. The Server Administrator opens a new browser window to display the EDI Module home page.
3 From the EDI Module home page, in the Partner Set Up menu of the navigation panel, click Add External ID Types.
4 From the External ID Type drop-down list, select the EDI ID qualifier for which you want to add an external ID type.
5 Click Add External ID Type to Trading Networks. The EDI Module displays a message stating that the external ID type was installed.

My question is what do I do if the Id type I want to add is not available in the drop down as indicated in point number 4.

Shubhro

I actually figured out a workaround. But I want to know if there is a simpler solution. Here is what I did.

I added the description of the Id Type I wanted to add using the service “wm.b2b.editn:addEDIIDType” and then added the required qualifier in the service “custom.EDIIDMapping:addEDIIDMapping” which the service “wm.b2b.editn:ediPartnerIDToTNPartnerID” refers for cutomized Id types.