About ST/SE control Number Value

Hi Experts,
While converting from EDI document to String ST/SE unique control number is getting populated randomly with 9 digit.
Our requirement is to populate up to 4 digit control number.
How can we achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can only manage custom control numbers (min/max length and stating number and format etc…) for ISA/GS but not for ST/SE level as they auto generate.

But please be sure to check more in the EDI Module user guide for more information managing Control Numbers.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Deepankar,

Services wm.b2b.edi.util:addGroupEnvelope and wm.b2b.edi.util:addICEnvelope allow you to specify whether you want to use the wM-generated control number (from the EDIControlNumber table) or your own, in which case, I believe it will handle the value exactly as you pass it in the ctlNumber variable.

Thanks,
Mary

Oh ok…Are you sure this works for handling ST/SE control number when specify custom length of chars?

HI RMG,
I tried to modify the dictionary of EDI and given the Length Validator max and min as 4 in both ISA/IEA segment as well as ST/SE segment. But then also it is coming 9 digit value. :frowning:

OK but touching or modifying the standards dictionary is not a good option as it may create other problems in migration etc…

Have you tried the Mary’s option above and see if that works for you?

HTH,
RMG

Hi Deepankar,

The ctlNumber option will work (at versions 8.2). However, another option is to set the Maximum control number to ‘9999’ in the MWS B2B Settings>Control Numbers. You will have multiple control number records. The one you will modify is the one with Group Type equal the to the specific group type you are generating documents for (PO for 850’s, for example). When the control number exceeds ‘9999’, it will begin with ‘1’ again. This is probably preferable as wM will maintain the control number, it is partner/document specific, and can be manually updated if necessary.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary,

Yes thought so the same ctlNumber setting not working from 9.x module onwards. Thanks!

Deepankar,

Additionally you can access the ControlNumbers page viai /WmEDI home (enable the deprecated) and set the Control Number Cap to 9999 for the Group type of your outbound transaction

HTH,
RMG

IF you put “control number” Attribute in your documentType It will override the one automatically generated, try using this method I am doing and works fine in that way

Interesting! Which documentType you were saying is it by editing the X12 Transaction Set in TB and edit mode add Attribute?

HTH,
RMG