7.1.3 fix install MWS -ClassNotFoundException: PostPageCompo

Hi,
I have 2 vm ware images with wM 7.1.3. installed. Each image is used for a certain project.

I have installed MWS_7.1.3_CL_Fix1 and MWS_7.1.3_Fix1 fixes on both images. On the first one it works fine.
On the second image I get when starting the MWS server:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.PostPageComponentPhaseListener

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.webmethods.caf.faces.component.PostPageComponentPhaseListener
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:334)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationContext.java:495)
        at com.webmethods.portal.webApplication.WmWebAppContext.doStart(WmWebAppContext.java:150)
        at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)

I can not tell what causes this error.
When connecting to the MWS in the browser I get HTTP 500 error.

One difference that I have noticed between the two vm ware images is that when upgrading from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 on the second image (the one with the problem) the file c: \webMethods7\common\conf[b]webMethods-license.xml [/b]was deleted during installation.

Does anyone know where the class PostPageComponentPhaseListener (war or jar)should be located?
br,
Vlad

The missing class (PostPageComponentPhaseListener) is located in wm-caf-jsf.jar
The location of the jar is \webMethods7\common\lib.

On the bad vm ware image none of the files in \webMethods7\common has been updated.

Solution:

• copy the \webMethods7\common directory from the good image

Using this approach I get no errors and MWS works fine, but I do not know if it is the best way to solve the problem.

In the Installer I have selected the same exact products to install (on both vm ware images) and I have used the same installation kit.

I CAN NOT tell why this folder (\webMethods7\common) is skipped from upgrading.
Have any of you encountered this problem?

br,
Vlad

Hi Vlad,

This is a work around method for fixing the issue. How do you apply the fixes on both Images? Did you also apply other fixes on the both machines? Please provide further details on this.

Thanks,
Will

Hi,
I have only installed he two fixes for MWS 7.1.3.
The installation has been done as described in the fixes readme files.

I think that my problem is not webMethods related, but VMware related. After a few restarts of the virtual machine one of the .vmdk files got corrupted and I could not use the respective image at all.

br,
Vlad