XML message not being recognised in TN

Hi People

One of our trading partners sends their POs to us in an XML format. I submit this message to TN via the RouteXML command in my service. This fails, TN seems to think this is an X12 message and none of the attributes of the message are identified.

When I submit the same message using the Submit Documents tab in the My webMethods console, the message is recognised and processed correctly.

I have tried populating the TN_params document with the Document Type, Sender and Receiver ID but this does not work either. I have also tried to user the wm.tn:receive command but the same thing happens.

Not sure what else to do.

Regards
David

David – What error message you are seeing when TN got failed to recognise xml doc. Please share wM version, some snapshots which gives a little more clarity.

Thanks,

Hi MR

We are on release 9.7.

I have attached some screen shots of the messages that failed and the same messages that when submitted through the “Submit Documents” tag, process correctly. I have also uploaded the activity log of one of the messages that failed.

Let me know if this is all you need.

Regards

Hi,

can you please share the screenshot of documentType(Sender Query and value, receiver query and value, set the root tag, system attribute settings like senderID and ReceiverID with externalID type (ex: duns,phone number, mutual identifier…etc) )

Share the sample xml if possible.

Regards,
Sreekanth

Hi Sreekanth

Thanks for your help.

I learned that I need to create an XML node using the command XmlStringToXmlNode.

Now I am getting the error Ambiguous Document Recognition.

I searched the forum for this and it said that you should drop the BizDoc from the pipeline but this did not work.

It seems to think that this is an X12 document. I cannot disable the X12 document type as we use these as well.

A sample message is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

ENV:SenderIDXXX</ENV:SenderID>
ENV:RecipientIDYYY</ENV:RecipientID>
ENV:DocumentCount1</ENV:DocumentCount>

XXX-YYY
ORDERS
Stock
UC

BUYER NAMME
Terry H
(04)444-5555
(04)444-6666

ShipTo NAme
43 SEAVIEW ROAD

PETONE
(04)5555-5555
(04)555-3333

NZD

IMPACT DRILL 500W
Y
EA
EA
EA

</ENV:Envelope>

Save xml document on you local server
create xml document type in trading networks first and browse above saved document.
set root tag, and configure senderID and ReceiverID queries with values.
configure system attributes like SenderID and external ID type(ex: Duns…etc what ever it is) and receverID

Go through the TN document if required to do the above changes.

Regards,
Sreekanth

Ambiguous Document Recognition - you will face this issues when you have two document types in TN with the same identification parameters , to fix this either you should disable one documenttype ( if you are not using) or you should configure additional custom attribute which is unique.

Regards,
Sreekanth

This issue was that I has a variable called edidata in my service when I called the routeXml function even though it contained the xml message.

I added additional code to determine if the message was an xml string or not.

If xml string
then
call routeXML with the message in variable called xmldata.
else
call routeXML with the message in variable called edidata.
endif

I didn’t think that the variable name would have such a dramatic effect as I was passing in the string to an standard wM function.

That’s weird you shouldn’t handle like this for receiving XML data…is your TP sending content-type appropriately as “text/xml”?

What IS/TN fix level you are with on IS9.7?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

Version: 9.7.0.0.150
Build Date: 2014-08-18
Installed Fixes: OPT_9.7_Fix2

We receive a mixture of X12, EDIFACT and EANCOM and XML messages from our VAN. We log in and pick them up and route them to TN via RouteXML command.

All the messages except the XML messages were recognised OK in TN. It was only the XML that went unrecognised.

Once I identified the message as XML and moved it to a variable called xmldata and dropped the variable called edidata TN recognised the message.

Regards
david