xml formatting incorrectly after upgrade.

Not really sure how to word this, or which would be the best forum to post this to…

So here goes.
In version 6.5 I’m sending xml data back to an Informix box. All values in webMethods look correctly formatted and are returned correctly.
Upgrading to 8.2, besides the directory structure changed, everything is exactly the same. (certs, config files, etc.)

I receive

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

when it should be

Is there some value I’ve missed setting in webMethods? I am able to run both versions at the same time so I’m sure its something in webMethods doing this.

Thanks for any help. :slight_smile:

How are you receiving this in TN or to a flow service pipeline?

I receive

when it should be

Did you installed any core fixes on top of 8.2. SP2?

I am sure SAG support might help you since they are new issues reported/discovered after every Core Fixes released :slight_smile:

HTH,
RNG

Fixed by changing setting from true to false.
Integration server extended setting changed:
watt.core.template.enableFilterHtml=false

Really couldnt find any document on this specific setting, but found someone talking about watt.core.template.enableSecureUrlRedirection, which doesnt exist in my version.
Thanks for the help

YES very true…sounds a interesting setting:

YES very true…sounds an interesting setting discovery:)

BTW,How is the XML being received in your process?

If I’m reading the original post correctly, it’s not XML being rec’d by IS. It is IS returning data (apparently via template) to a caller.

May be: but this sounded differently and said so:

I receive

when it should be

“In version 6.5 I’m sending xml data back to an Informix box.”

Perhaps the OP can clarify.

I got that part…but some doubt in the statements…nothing wrong:)

the setting (watt.core.template.enableFilterHTML) is documented here [URL]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_ga/Integration_Server/8-2-SP1_DSP_and_Output_Template_Developers_Guide.pdf[/URL]

We faced this issue as well, in our case we are sending from TN and used setResponse API in the synchronous service.

OK is that setting works for you now?

Hi,

The HTMLDecode service works fine for me in this case without changing the extended setting.
And what i feel is, modifying the extended setting for this case may change the functionality in the dsp pages.

Thanks and Regards,
Punith Reddy.T

OK bottom line is what ever better works for you.