Invalid Input XML Document after upgrade

We were running with v812 of Software AG Designer and have generated many web services which are actively being used.

We upgraded Designer to v813 and regenrated one of the web service. We did not upgrade the soap engine nor EntireX Broker. Certainly we get an error as follows:


The content type text/xml; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1008 bytes of the response were: ‘<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”><soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa=“http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing”>wsa:Actionhttp://namespace.softwareag.com/entirex/xml/mapping/FWSPort/FWSCASE2Response</wsa:Action>wsa:RelatesTourn:uuid:24f41d8a-45fa-4afb-8c05-efcc94ee56bb</wsa:RelatesTo></soapenv:Header>soapenv:Bodysoapenv:Faultaxis2ns37:SenderXML Runtime Exception 2000 0077 Unknown document, XML Runtime can not interpret the incoming document.<exx:EntireX xmlns:exx=“com.softwareag.entirex.xml.rt”>20000087Internal error.XML Runtime Exception 2000 0077 Unknown document, XML Runtime can not interpret the incoming document.</exx:EntireX></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>’.


The input xml document looks like this (this xml document works successfully with the 812 version of the web service):
soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:urn=“urn:com.softwareag.entirex.xml.rt” xmlns:urn1=“urn:com-softwareag-entirex-rpc:FWS-FWSCASE2”>
soapenv:Header
urn:EntireX


true
DEVG441
</urn:EntireX>
</soapenv:Header>
soapenv:Body
urn1:FWSCASE2
DEVG441

</urn1:FWSCASE2>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

In Designer 813, I used the xml tester and did a test successfully against the same web services generated with 813 using the soap engine and provided an input document that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:xmm=“http://namespace.softwareag.com/entirex/xml/mapping” xmlns:xsd=“XML Schema” xmlns:SOAP-ENC=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/” xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance”>
soap-env:SOAPHeader

</soap-env:SOAPHeader>
soap-env:Body
<m:FWSCASE2 xmlns:m=“urn:com-softwareag-entirex-rpc:FWS-FWSCASE2”>
1234
MIN
</m:FWSCASE2>
</soap-env:Body>
</soap-env:Envelope>

In Designer I had to provide my broker login credentials via the Settings function.

This leads me to believe that the portion that provide the exx-userid information in my “failed” xml document is not tag correctly.

Can you advise how the broker login details on my failed xml document should be specified?

Many thanks.

Min

where is the web service being called from?

The error message indicates a problem in the HTTP headers, not really the SOAP document, specifically a mismatch on the content type.

The xml document is sent to the soap engine via a .NET application. The input xml document works with web services generated by the 812 version of Designer. With no change on the front end nor the soap engine, we merely regenerate the web services with v813 of Designer and the input xml document is no longer deemed valid. Unless the content type is set when the wsdl is generated with Designer…

sorry, I misread what you are trying to do…

I wouldn’t expect an aar generated with a newer version of Designer to be compatible with the older version of the ws-stack. You probably don’t need to upgrade the Broker, but you will likely need to upgrade the web server where the aar’s are.