x12 275 for file attachment

Hi Experts,

I have to work on X12 4010 275 message type that basically is used as a wrapper for forwarding attachments to a customer.
I need to send an image file using this format to customer.

Has anyone worked on this message type before?
If Yes, then please share the details about how to move ahead with its development.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Amit

Are you dealing with HIPPA EDI 275?..

What is your requirement to send as image file which has 275 data or any segments contains the image information via FTP or VAN or AS2?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

We are having a requirement to send an image file as a binary stream within a x12 file.
someone has recommended use of Patient Information Transaction Set (275) standard to achieve this.
I am not sure how to implement this in webMethods.
Our client is in Logistic domain and we are generally using 850, 860 etc. message types.
The x12 file would be containing workorder number and other container details.

Is there any other way by which we can perform this task?

Regards,
Amit

Why are you using 275 for logistics domain not sure?

Long back I dealt with send image attachments in other claims transactions (124 or 272) with content type as application/octet-stream (A MIME attachment with the content type “application/octet-stream” is a binary file) and in one of the segments we populate the info If i remember it correctly.

Please check the above mentioned transactions if you can use that for sending image (jpeg files)?

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG for the response.

We are advised to use 275 because it is having a segment to append binary stream.

0100 BIN Binary Data

Could you please advice in which segment of transactions(124 and 272) you were able to attach binary data.

I have attached mapping specs for 124 and 272 respectively.

Regards,
Amit
272Mapping.txt (10.6 KB)
124Mapping.txt (5.59 KB)

I did not remember exact 124 segment but please check the EDIFECS and documentation on 124.but most probaly it is VEH or REF or DAM…

HTH,
RMG