WVCM API documentation

Hi, I am a newbie to Tamino WebDAV server. I am interested in the WVCM API that has been implemented in TWS. Is there any documentation available for that besides the code in Slide CVS repos and WVCM API doc?

The news says that TWS has been donated to Slide project, so what is the future plan for TWS?

I’ve checked out SLIDE_2_1_FINAL_RELEASE and build wvcm in the proposals folder. Those two simple programs BasicCmdClient.java and SimpleExample.java in the org.apache.wvcm.sample package worked for me once I installed TWS 4.1.5 (you need to change port number from 8080 to 4000 in sample.properties file and configure a proper username/password pair for the Tomcat bundled with TWS). I’m wondering if there are more sample code that shows how to use both basic and advanced version control features proposed in WVCM spec?

Thanks,

guozheng

Hello guozheng,

the only documentation available for the WVCM API is the JavaDoc created from the sources - this can be created with ant or you can download a current version of the WVCM API with JavaDoc included from ServLine24 at “Products” >> “Component Downloads” >> “Tamino - Components”.

regards,
Heiko Weber

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have got the API doc already.

I am kinda curious about the development roadmap for the WVCM implementation since I have seen some TODO tasks in the source code. Does this mean the WVCM is not fully supported? My code is checked out from Slide CVS with the tag SLIDE_2_1_FINAL_RELEASE. Is there any later version than this?

Thanks,

guozheng

Hello guozheng,

to get the most recent version of the WVCM API you should check out the head branch from CVS - however there were few changes recently, so maybe the branch you got also contains the most recent code.

regards,
Heiko