wsstack in a load balanced environment

Hello,

We have a question about the EntireX wsstack application which is running under a Tomcat app server. We’d like to run it on load balanced servers but are unsure if this will work. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to run wsstack in a load-balanced environment? It seems that any service configured on one of these servers would only exist on that server.

Please advise including pointing me to any documentation that discusses wsstack configuration in a load balanced environment.

Thanks!

-Brian

I’m pursuing the answer from SAG through a support request. Just to clarify though, in a load balanced environment, if you deploy the archive file into the wsstack on one instance, how is that replicated to the file system of the other one?

In working with Miguel and R&D, it appears wsstack isn’t designed for clustering. However, we’d like to pursue possible options that we were provided from R&D feedback.

Our options are:

We could use a shared filesystem for these items so that any addition or change on one server will be immediately available on the other. This assumes that the application doesn’t lock the files or maintain any state information about the files. It also assumes that the app doesn’t index or track the files in any way.

We could also set up a nightly (or other interval) synchronization process that copies the files from one server to the other. This also assumes that the app doesn’t index or track the files in any way and can recognize updates or changes immediately.

Our questions in order to know which one is preferable:

Does the WSStack application lock the files or maintain any state information about the files?
Does it index or track the files in any way?
Can it recognize updates or changes immediately?

This will help us choose either:

1. Shared filesystem
  2. Synchronization job between two separate filesystems.
  3. Neither option being feasible.

Thanks in advance!

-Brian