Writing a web app front end to X-Registry

Hi,

We’re writing our own front end to use alongside X-registry. So far I’ve prototyped using a web app running on JBOSS 4.0.4. I tried using UDDI4J and Infravio’s UDDI V 3 apis.

What do other peope use. ?

I’ve been told that JAXR is a popular choice, but I haven’t managed to get this working yet, not sure about how to do the ejb configuration in jboss-xml.xml (I do have it working from a Java console app).

Thanks

Dave
BT

Hi Dave,

how did you create the connection using JAXR? When I try to set up a connection using the standard information in the API pdf but I get the following error:

IVException Stack--------

Error code: 95012
Unable to detect application server runtime
at com.infravio.registry.runtime.ApplicationServerDetector.(ApplicationServerDetector.java:198)
at com.infravio.registry.runtime.ApplicationServerDetector.getInstance(ApplicationServerDetector.java:72)
at com.infravio.registry.runtime.ApplicationServerFactory.getCurrentApplicationServer(ApplicationServerFactory.java:29)
at com.infravio.registry.client.RegistryClientModule.getProviderAdaptor(RegistryClientModule.java:327)
at com.infravio.registry.client.ConnectionImpl.setCredentials(ConnectionImpl.java:100)
at csTest.CSTest.getjaxrConnection(CSTest.java:111)
at csTest.CSTest.main(CSTest.java:247)
javax.xml.registry.JAXRException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.infravio.registry.client.ConnectionImpl.setCredentials(ConnectionImpl.java:105)
at csTest.CSTest.getjaxrConnection(CSTest.java:111)
at csTest.CSTest.main(CSTest.java:247)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.infravio.registry.runtime.ApplicationServerFactory.getCurrentApplicationServer(ApplicationServerFactory.java:29)
at com.infravio.registry.client.RegistryClientModule.getProviderAdaptor(RegistryClientModule.java:327)
at com.infravio.registry.client.ConnectionImpl.setCredentials(ConnectionImpl.java:100)
… 2 more

Can you help me please and post your connection code? Or is there any external configuration that needs to be done to use JAXR?