Write file to network drive location

Hi All,

Our requirement is to write to a file present in the network drive from the IS .

The particular folder in the network drive is provided with the shared access .

We created a java code to write the file but unfortunately it is not getting write to the file.

Also,tried adding the file path present in the network drive in the file access config file of the IS .But it didn’t work.

Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks,
Sathya

Did you see errors ? Please share if yes. Which wM version you are on ?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We get the file doesn’t exist error while trying to use get file.
version is 9.0.1

I am not sure on how to pass the path for the file present in network drive.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sathya

Please share what inputs you are passing, also give some screen shots which makes us to understand a bit more clear.

Thanks,

PFA the input passed to get file service.

Try with mounted directory and with forward slashes for Unix path.Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Hi,

It is a windows OS.

Can you please give a sample example screenshot.

You make sure you have necessary access on the file path. Sample one is:

\sac-fcp02\bjcdata\Nerospace_Sales\inputs.xls. Please give a try.

Thanks,

Followed the option 2 in the below link and it worked :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it worked out for you! :smiley: as always this is been tricky and should resolve.

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

i have requirement to write the file into network drive shared location as well as i need to pull also.

its completely need to handle in java code, we are not going to use any FTP or SFTP calls. its project requirement.

can you help me with the java code, as am new to java since i need to handle this.

Hi,

OK as long your IS is able to access that shared path then it make job easy with out using FTP channel.

Please consider using these 2 utility services -

Push file --using writeToFile (PSUtilities JS service)
Pull file – using getFile (loadAs bytes or stream) WM public service

HTH,
RMG

Hi Thanks for the response.

as you said i did followed in invoking to services and it works when i mention local path which is inside the IS, but it did not worked when i network path

i got the below error:

Could not run ‘flietransferring’
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0086.9256] File [\Vunnb-fs03\VUNNB-ENG-AUTOMATION\OUTBOUND\test.txt] does not exist

the above mentioned path is having read and write permission in fileAccessControl.cnf folder.