WmPerformanceAnalyzer

Hi friends

I have uploaded the performance and code coverage analysis tool it would be available in the next two days.

Do let me know your feedback, as this is the initial release so there could be some fixes required.

Cheers
Ravindran.V
“Determination can move mountains”

Ravindran,

Can you tell us little bit more about this tool and from where it can be downloaded?

ramesh.

Ramesh,

I have already uploaded it in Shareware section it should be available in 48 hours after the approval from the wmusers.

This Tool will help in performance analysis and code coverage analysis of the interface, Once the download is enabled the upload has an usage Notes.doc and an sample interfaces package along with the steps to use it.

Try the tool on the sample before using it on other packages (Do take backup of your package before using the tool).

Cheers
Ravindran.V

Ravindran,

Thanks for the update.

ramesh.

FYI, you can also use JUnit to create your own custom performance analyzer like the one mentioned in this thread.

Also, Apache provides a broad based tool called JMeter (similar to LoadRunner) to run your Flow service invoked via an HTTP(s) request, so you can test the load of running your flow/java services and its impact on your IS server.

Hi,

The .rar file is just the compressed format of the setup files for tool containing:

1. Usage notes of the tool
  2. Sample TestPackage used in the usage notes
  3. SQL files for MYSQL
  4. The Actual WMPerformanceAnalyzer package that performs the function.

The tool can be downloaded at [url=“WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files”]http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm[/url]

I am alternatively uploading the contents in ZIP format to avoid the confusion.

Regards
Ravindran.V

I did some playing with this tool. Just some quick notes for the benefit of others:

• MySQL 4.1 is required (supports subqueries)

• The IS hosting the tool must be running on JVM 1.4.2

• As Ravindran notes, it is best to perform analysis on a copy of your code. Services that you incorporate into test cases are altered by the tool.

Hi Dan,

As you said the tool modifies the code but when you delete the interface from the test case the modifications are reverted back , meaning the profiling part is rolled back.

Did you like the functionality provided by the tool. I would be updating and making enhancements to the tool to unprofile code without having to go through the steps of deleting the interface from test case and automatic refresh and update of the test case to remove the additional steps you would require to apply the tool after modification of the flow services.

The source code of this tool is not provided so I intend to retain and provide future updates.

I would like to know people who have used about the feedback on the tool.

Regards
Ravindran.V

Couple of questions:

• Have you considered using different name for the package? The Wm prefix I believe is reserved for use by webMethods for their packages.

• Is the WmTomcat package required? With the use of .jsp I think it is but wanted to double-check.

• Have you considered generalizing the SQL that is used so that just about any DB could used?

• What are the licensing terms? Free for any use? Any restrictions?

Looks like a nice tool. Will provide more feedback as we dig into it more.

Hey I have gone through the code, one Thing i counld not understand, where the file is physically located (the file from which data is feeded in PerformanceLog table).