wmidatabin and MDN's

webMethods 6.1 My FIRST AS2 attempt…

1. When my AS2 trading partner sends me a document with content type applicaton/xml it comes in as bytes and wmidatabin.
  2. I can NOT see the payload
  3. They are NOT getting the MDN back
  4. I have read the articles but fail to grasp the steps to correct the problem.

FYI–I can send VIA AS2 an encrypted and signed xml document and recieve back the MDN and it DOES process.

My Assumptions
WM can not process the AS2 inbound transactions
Because the document comes in as unknown docType/Sender/Reciever the MDN is not being sent back
Is it something I am failing to do or is it something EDIINT is failing to do?

If it cannot identify the sender, it won’t know what certificate to use to decrypt the payload. Take a look at the EDIINT header section and see what the AS2-To and From values are. Those need to be set up as IDs in the partner profiles for TN to recognize them.

Tim

The AS2-To and From values are in TN as AS2 Indentifiers and have been in there for the trading partner.

I am not sure why this is not seeing this as a file that needs to be processed by EDIINT. I am going on the assumption this should be picked up by EDIINT
Process Message. Is that correct?

Unless your Headers and actual payload with Sender/Receiver/doctype triplet gets recognizes in TN then the EDIINT processing rule and internal services like process Msg (payload) and sendMDN will get automatically triggered upon successful digest.This is per the EDIINT inbound process flow.

Is your setup of AS2 configuration,partnerid’s/certificate install/encryption/decryption/algorithm(TripleDES) etc. in TN was successfull?

HTH,
RMG

We have sucessfully sent a doc, we have recieved and processed an MDN

We CANNOT sucessfully GET a doc to use the processing rule EDIINT process Msg. The sentence above leads me to believe I have properly configured partnerid’s/certificate install/encryption/decryption/algorithm(TripleDES) etc.

I really appreciate this help… I am at a loss.

What URL is your partner using to post the document? Are they invoking the wm.EDIINT:receive service?

Tim

They have the proper URL (I am assuming) because I get the file as unknowen for doc/Sender/receiver.

However… I am not sure how I get THEM to invoke wm.EDIINT:receive service???

Can you help me with that?

Normally they will invoke it by specifying it in the URL:

http://hostname:port/invoke/wm.EDIINT/receive

This might also need to include authentication information in the URL if the ACL for this service is not set to anonymous for execution.

They must be invoking something that is routing the doc to TN. Can you find out what it is?

Tim

I really apreciate the help you have given me. I am still waiting for my TP to change the file location of the URL. I believe this is the solution. Just waiting for proof.

This might also need to include authentication information in the URL if the ACL for this service is not set to anonymous for execution.

Where would I set up ACL for this service… I am looking in Security under ACLs and I do NOT see EDIINT as an ACL to select.

You can bring up the IS Administration page in your browser, go to Package Management, Browse Folders and drill down to the service you need to set. I think you can do this in Developer also, I’ve just never done it there.

Tim

I believe he is saying about ACL of EDIINT:receive service.pls check it.

Below is the information I got from WM…

Is there any thing else I need to do to allow my partners to connect to AS2?

You can do this from the Developer -
Open the wm.EDIINT:receive service.
Then lock it for editing.
On the rightside pane, for the service properties there is an “Execute ACL” - by defaultthis is set to Internal.
Change this to “Anonymous”. Save your changes.

I am getting a while attempting to connect as the TP would from a remote site. Can anyone help me with this…

com.wm.app.b2b.server.PortAccessException: [ISS.0084.9101] Access Denied at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:167) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:384) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:486) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:359) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:138) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:113) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:298) at wm.server.net.HandshakeHandler.run(IaikHTTPSListener.java:763) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I have seen this error when the port itself is not allowing access. Check to make sure that either the port access is set to ‘Allow By Default’ or the wm.EDIINT:receive service is added to the allow list. This can be done by going to the Ports section of the IS Admin page and editing the access list for the port.

Tim

I really appreciate all of the assistance you have given me. Every thing is working fine.

Glad to hear it. Did the port access thing do the trick?

Tim

Yes the port access did do the trick?

We do not have the login feature working. They automatically gain access. We would like to have them login in with user name and password… But at this point it is working.