WM Tables in Oracle

Hi guys,

I have a question that you might be able to help. First I have to tell you that I’m a DBA, not a developer, so if I ask a dumb question please bear with me.

In my oracle DB, there’s a table that is called WMSESSION and it has like 40,000,000. So I need to know if I can delete, archive or how could I reduce the size of this table. I try with the developers, but they seem a little lost to.

Any suggestion?

Thanks guys…

Hello,
No problems for any sort of questions…

And what do you mean by “40,000,000”…
Thats a huge figure…

Regards

And yes, please do not write your queries in the post…this is just to introduce yourself…
Take care next time.

40,000,000 records on that table.

:open_mouth: .
So many…???
Actually have never seen this much…
but I could suggest one thing only, that you archive that data…
do not delete…

Are these records actually useful? should I use some criteria to archive or something…?

Hello,
I am using Oracle XE DB for my dev…but could not search out the table WMSESSIONS…

It can be important as they contain the info for the sessions of WM…and might be useful in future…

Keep any criteria, of yourself…

This table stores information about sessions that are opened on Integration Server by clients (such as Developer users). It tracks the session start, status and duration.

The session log can be disabled, if desired.

Refer to the webMethods Logging Guide for additional information.

Records can be safely purged from this table without issue.

Hello,

So would not effect it later, like in monitoring or if some relation is there in data or like wise?

So, I’ll just need to stop the client application or somehow make sure that I have cero session running and purge the table.

Right?

Yup…

you can do that, but just once, cross confirm, if there is no relation in…

And you in future, you can do one thing, run a scheduler sort of thing, where it would clear out the records of some time period, like 30 days or so…

Regards.

Though you can purge the records from this table directly, it won’t effect anything but i would still recommend to use stored procedures provided by webMethods (vendor) for the same purpose… from live database, once the procedures archive from your application DB to your archive DB … you can do watever you like :wink: i mean ofcoarse delete it :smiley: … for these stored procedures either contact your Wm administrator or Wm technical support.

cheers!

Thanks a lot, I’m going to export the table before deleting just in case something come up.

Thanks a lot to all of you, I’ll let you know how it went.

One more question about this, it has an audittimestamp of 13 digits that doesn’t make sense to me. Do you know this format?

Example: 1273684927846

Thanks…
CropperCapture[161].jpg

It’s (essentially) the number of milliseconds since midnight Jan 1, 1970 UTC. This is often called “Unix time”. It is used in various programming run-time environments, including Java (see System.currentTimeMillis())

Thanks, that worked. I’m still waiting on developers to approve archive condition.