wM 10.3 - Error using Local service development

Hello,

I am facing issue while using local service development.

I have created a single local service development project and I can see a circle with a dot in Local IS and also in the package name that is part of the local development project. After this I am unable to create a package in designer, getting error “Package could not be created:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: com/webMethods/vcs/svn/SVNStatusCmd” or “Package could not be created:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException”. Same error while creating services or other assets.

However I can see the package/Service has been created in Filesystem but neither visible in Designer nor in IS, even after restart.

I have switched my workspace. Removed git repo from designer, but no luck.

Please suggest.

Hi Trisha,

As per the error, you have configured WmSubversive in IntegrationServer. For Local Service Development WmSubversive/WmVCS configuration is not required. For Local Service Development please change the extended setting “watt.server.ns.lockingMode” value to full.

-Biswa.

Hi - Since you are looking for Designer based Local Service Development approach, please have look at sample video that is available here http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/webMethods%20Service%20Designer%20videos. “Integrating a Version Control System (VCS) with webMethods Service Designer” has recording of simple Package being shared with VCS (Git) through Designer.

However, as mentioned by Biswa, the exception that you are getting, is from WmVCS package. This also is an approach where packages can be shared to VCS from Integration Server. But Designer local Service development feature is not in use here. Please select any one of the approaches that is required for the project.

-Thanks, Sanjib

Thanks Biswa, I will try that.