Windows 2000 Server to HP-UX platform migration

Hi all,

We are doing a webMethods IS migration of 6.01 to 6.5 and at the same time changing platforms from Windows-based to a UNIX based environment. I know there is a lot of documention available in undertaking the 6.01 to 6.5 migration, so I don’t anticipate any major problems there.

However, has anyone had any experience in migrating IS from Windows to UNIX? I’m a newbie to UNIX, so I’m still getting ramped up in this aspect. I’m wondering if anyone had any useful hints/advice on things to take into consideration in such a migration or potential conflicts that would need to be corrected to ensure compatibility on the new environment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

In general, if you java services have been coded to avoid operating system file I/O (Windows path names, path separators, etc.) most will run on a *NIX platform unchanged.

Your IS 6.01 is probably running a 32-bit IBM JRE, so there could certainly be changes with switching to the 64-bit HP JRE. Make sure you talk with support and check Advantage to get any patches to HP/UX or the HP JRE that are needed. You will also want to get the ulimit settings that are recommended for Integration Server and Broker if it will also be installed there.

HTH,

Mark