What is a Production File?

Hi all,
I am new to webMethods. I am working on few Interfaces which receives IDocs as inputs. Actually, we wanted to validate few interfaces based on the Production files for those interfaces(samples).My lead asked for those production files from Production support ppl. they say that they dont store any data related to Idoc or RFC. But my lead replied that he needs a sample but not the data. I am confused…what does Production file actually mean in this case.

Pls help. I am not an expert and would have googled…but I was not able to find the right answer…Pls help.

Thanks,
David.

Sounds like you should be asking for a schema structure related to the production files. If your production folks don’t store the production data, they still have to have a schema (template) for passing the data through.

Ask for a document type (webMethods), schema (XML), or IDOC doctype (SAP, using transaction WE60).

thanks much!!

Hello All,

I am new for webMethods Developer.How to get inputs from various documents like 810 inbound etc.If you have any documents please send me my email id is premsai1990@gmail.com.Please help me.

Thanks,
premsai

your question is very vague…can you please elaborate on your scenarios?

Anyways to answer your query above…If you recieving and routing any EDI documents (not only X12 810) from webMethods Trading Networks (TN) then the inputs to your developer service would be available in the pipeline called bizdoc (IDATA object) and there WmEDI package services available like getEDIString,envelopeProcess,convertToValues.

Please review the webMethods EDI Module,built in services user guide for more information from the softwareAG documentation site.

HTH,
RMG

your question is very vague…can you please elaborate on your scenarios?

Anyways to answer your query above…If you recieving and routing any EDI documents (not only X12 810) from webMethods Trading Networks (TN) then the inputs to your developer service would be available in the pipeline called bizdoc (IDATA object) and there WmEDI package services available like getEDIString,envelopeProcess,convertToValues.

Please review the webMethods EDI Module,built in services user guide for more information from the softwareAG documentation site.

HTH,
RMG

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.