webMethods Service Designer in Mac

webMethods Service Designer 10.15

Hello, I’m trying to connect the Integration Server (I run this from a Windows VM in Azure) to a Designer in my local Mac machine. I managed to run the IS in the VM but now when I downloaded and opened the Designer software I get this bunch of errors. I’m not quite sure from where this comes from since it appeared right after installing the Designer. Has anybody experienced something similar when running the Designer in a Mac? I tried it in the VM and it was working just fine…

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

Question related to a free trial

How did you install ?
Are you running on apple silicon on Intel ?
If you downloaded from tech community there is a startup script in the Designer directory that you need to run beforehand. Only has to be done once. I’m running Designer 10.15 fine on my MacBook Pro 2019 (Intel)
regards,
John.

I’m running it on an Apple M2 Pro. Yes, I downloaded it from the tech community and run the script once but then all this errors came up when opening the Designer.

I also get this error when trying to connect to the Integration Server, I can’t even access the properties from the page.

I think you should delete and try downloading it again. Copy it to your Applications folder and run the setup.sh script.
I just downloaded it and installed on my own MacBook air M1 and it worked fine with both the embedded Integration Server and also when connecting to an external MSR running as a container (Rancher Desktop).
regards,
John.

I have tried to delete it and reinstall it more than a couple of times and the errors keep persisting.

If you have a license with Software AG then I would recommend that you open a support ticket. In addition do you have any security restrictions imposed on your computer via your IT support ? If so you may need to contact your local support team for help.
regards,
John.

I used this button you see I marked in the screenshot and for some reason now it works (before I was going in through the Settings from the top bar). I didn’t do anything special :person_shrugging:t2:
Thanks for your support John!

Great to hear,
I am able to add/remove servers via the preferences or the shortcut, so I don’t know what happened with your installation.
regards,
John.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.