Table of contents:
- Which components of webMethods Service Designer does this version contain?
- What are all the supported use cases with webMethods Service Designer?
- What is the download size?
- How can I get started?
- Where can I get VCS related connector plug-ins for Local Service Development?
- How long is the license valid for?
- My license has expired. What can I do?
- How do I get answers to my questions about webMethods Service Designer?
- I am having trouble installing webMethods Service Designer on 32-bit machine.
- On what Operating systems can I install webMethods Service Designer
webMethods Service Designer contains the following components from webMethods Designer:
- Designer Service Development
- Designer Local Service Development (Local Version Control Integration)
- Designer Unit Test Framework
- Microservices Runtime
- JDBC Adapter
Service Designer supports the following uses cases:
- webMethods Service Development (restricted to capabilities for use with the bundled runtime)
- webMethods Microservices Runtime
- Local Version Control Integration
- webMethods Unit Test Framework
- webMethods Adapter for JDBC
The size of the archive file is approximately 530 MB (including JDK); 479 MB (without JDK).
Please refer to “webMethods Service Designer Documentation”.
Currently, the Eclipse E-Git plug-in is bundled along with webMethods Service Designer. You can also install SVN/TFS connectors from the Eclipse Market Place.
The trial version is valid until 30th April 2021. Depending on when you download the trial, your license may be valid for less than the mentioned date.
Please follow the below step:
Make sure to close the Service Designer and the associated Local Development Server instance. Click on the license link to obtain the latest licenses which are valid until 30th April 2021 and replace the following files with the downloaded license files.
Where, <ServiceDesigner_Home> represents the extracted folder of the Service Designer archive.
Start webMethods Service Designer again and continue your evaluation.
Please contact Software AG in case if you need any further assistance.
You can post your query (or feedback) to the forum webMethods Service Designer which is dedicated to webMethods Service Designer.
webMethods Service Designer is available only on 64-bit machines.
You can install webMethods Service Designer on any Windows 64-bit operating system.