WebMethods \ SAP Business Connector

Hi All,

Hope you geniuses are all well.

I would really appreciate some god like help from someone.

Currently using SAP Business Connector 4.8 (don’t laugh) and need to understand the process of importing a Cxml order file from ftp to SAP BC then onto SAP. SAP then needs to send back a confirmation and, I guess, an invoice.

I don’t want anyone to tell me how to do it as that is unfair and I need to learn fro myself but could someone tell me the steps to look at using the correct terminology. Has SAP got in built documents you map the Cxml order to. How do I know what they are? Do I import the Cxml into SAP BC or do I need to do something to the Cxml before it hits the SAP Business Connector server

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Can you import cXML DTD’s in to the SAP BC via the user interface which in turn will create document types and then assuming in the BC world too you can parse the XML and then one to one mapping to SAP IDOC’s and route it to SAP?

HTH,
RMG

Hi rmg,

Thank you very much for being soo kind to respond. It is appreciated.

I am trying to dig deep and find out as much as I can for myself.

How do I know what IDOC templates are stored and which one to use for an order? In the CXML file would I find that I map all the fields or will I find only some will be able to be mapped.

I understand that SAP communicated in IDOCS from EDI (xml) but the mapping part is a bit unclear for me.

Any help will be greatly received.

Hope all is good on your side of the Atlantic my friend.

I have responded to you on your other thread :smiley:

HTH,
RMG