WebMethods Performance Testing

Hi,
I am very new to webMethods. I dont have any idea about performnce testing the WM. Please help me out with these very basic question:

1. How we have to do the performance testing of WM?
  2. Can LR be used for this purpose
  3. What exactly we will be doing for performance testing. i.e WM is an integration tool .Scripts and load will be generated for the source (subscriber) or for WM?
    Please provide a proper reference for performance testing of WM so that I can come on proper track.

Hi Disha,

I don’t know how other users do testing, but I will write you how I usually do it.

1. We are testing in few ways:
    a) The simplest way is to run service from developer with different inputs. If you have triggered service you can publish documents from some dummy services created just for testing.
    b) Creating dummy services in some testing package
    c) Invoking service by SOAP (try use this: [url]http://www.soapui.org/[/url])
    d) Creating java framework that will automatically call your services with different inputs
    e) To do capacity testing you can use JMeter ([url]http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/[/url])
    f) Creating tool using in dsp pages (webMethods web API)

2. I don’t know what is LR …

3. Usually you will want to test webMethods services functionality, so you can create code to test and check for expecting results e.g. for correct response messages, publish documents (please look for document tracker for that), log files and database. You can do checking results manually or create code for do it automatically.
    We had code in java to do invoke (by publishing, soap or directly remote invoke services at webMethods) and automatically check for result at response, logs and database. To do it in java you can read documentation about java API to webMethods.

I hope I helped.

Regards,
Lukasz Konkol

Thanks Lukasz for the support,

I am more interested in performance testing…can you highlight on how to use Jmeter in WM…or a good reference on “Using Jmeter for WM”

Thanks in Advance

LR is LoadRunner (Performance Testing tool by HP)

I usually do projects like this:
At “Test Plan” create:

• Thread Group - define how many threads you want to use
  • Save Response to a file - to have result for some analysis (I usually created java programs to have some additional statistics from the results)
  • HTTP Authorization Manager - to define user name and password for IS
  • Graph Results
  • View Results Tree
  • Aggregate Report

Inside Test Group you need to put HTTP Request, where you can define, server, port and what service you want to invoke.

If you want to check how to use elements in JMeter - please see help at this program - it is quite good documented.

If you want to some examples - please give me your email address and I will send some examples for you :wink:

Regards,
Lukasz Konkol

Thanks Lukasz,
You can mail me at : Disha.Rajapurkar@gmail.com
It will be better if you send me some Jmeter script’s examples
Or any other material that you will like to share.

Hi,
Thanks for the scripts.
I would like to know how you measure the performance…which counters do you consider?
eg: any CPU time etc…

Hi,

I’m usually using “Aggregate Report” from JMeter to get throughput. To get other statistics like % of using CPU, memory, etc you need to get this information from the system (e.g. commend “top”)

Regards,
Lukasz Konkol

Thanks,

Hi Disha ,
I dont have any idea about performnce testing the WM. Please help me out with these very basic question:
How we have to do the performance testing of WM?
What exactly we will be doing for performance testing. i.e WM is an integration tool .Scripts and load will be generated for the source (subscriber) or for WM?

Disha can u send scrpits which are sent by Lukasz
its Urgent

Thanks

Hi Disha ,
I dont have any idea about performnce testing the WM. Please help me out with these very basic question:
How we have to do the performance testing of WM?
What exactly we will be doing for performance testing. i.e WM is an integration tool .Scripts and load will be generated for the source (subscriber) or for WM?

Disha can u send scrpits which are sent by Lukasz to bswmuser@gmail.com
its Urgent

Thanks

Hi Lukasz Konkol ,

I want to use jmeter to test our wM performance in 7.x. Could you please forward some examples with you. here is my e-mail ID sesha_siddhu@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
Siddhu

Hi all,

Recently we used jmeter for performance testing for wM7.x. U need to create the scripts for your load server. And u need to add perfmon counters in your client server. Slowly increase the number of threads in your ‘load server’ and start the counters in client servers for some interval of time. You can check the aggregate report. Hope it may help… I dont have scripts at my system at present…

Regards,
Jyothi H.V

Hi Lukasz,

I also want to use jmeter to test our wM performance in 7.x. Could you please forward some examples to my e-mail ID [COLOR=#22229c]aps.bains@gmail.com[/color]

Could your please share Jmeter scripts for webmethods7.X.
I am plan to do for my project. my email id: lakhsaaron@gmail.com

Hi Lukasz Konkol,

Please send me the step wise documentation to do perform testing to my mail id: datta.saru@gmail.com

Thanks a lot in adv

Regards,
Datta