Here at Software AG, we’re excited to announce the next release of our iPaaS product: webMethods.io Integration v2.1.
This release focuses on providing an enhanced user experience of our iPaaS, tailored to meet the needs of Citizen Integrators, Ad-hoc Integrators, and Integration Specialists alike. Building on our market leading workflow capabilities, this release extends that functionality to offer a brand-new experience focused specifically on meeting the requirements of Integration Specialists.
Our iPaaS has been influenced by the expertise gained through many years of providing an analyst recognized, market leading integration platform. Because of this, our new Integration Specialist experience in the iPaaS offers a dedicated web-based development environment to build complex integrations above and beyond the event-based Workflows using system connectors. Complex integrations such as handling large files and streams of data, parsing of complex data structures (e.g. EDI messages), as well as the aggregation of complex REST services exposing this as an experience API, can all be handled in the web- based IDE which provides all the functionality an Integration Specialist needs. For example:
- Creating complex programming structures and expressions, such as: try/catch/finally, if/then/else, switch/case statements, loops and more.
- Testing with different inputs.
- Debugging by stepping through the integration and modifying parameter values as you debug.
- Using breakpoints for fast debugging.
- Finding, navigating and editing large implementations.
- Providing both keyboard and mouse-based development as first-class citizens.
This specialized experience creates a true bimodal development approach to integration, allowing Integration Specialists to develop more complex and mission critical integrations in an experience better suited to their needs, while continuing to allow Citizen Integrators to compose through the Workflow approach.This specialized experience creates a true bimodal development approach to integration, allowing Integration Specialists to develop more complex and mission critical integrations in an experience better suited to their needs, while continuing to allow Citizen Integrators to compose through the Workflow approach.
In addition to creating a tailored approach to the user experience, many additional overall enhancements have been added:
- You can now customise (white label) the platform to use your organization’s logo and colour schemes to represent your organisational identity.
- A combined monitoring page is now available for operational users to understand the execution and consumption of WorkFlow and FlowService based executions.
- SOAP APIs can now be exposed from the platform (in addition to the already existing REST API functionality), which is particularly useful when you need to retain compatibility with a pre-existing SOAP end point.
- Numerous additional connectors to simplify Workflow development have been added to the platform.
This release of webMethods.io Integration allows any integration stakeholders in your organization to connect systems and data at a lightning fast pace. You can now avoid the congestion and blockers that typically slow down integration projects, allowing you to innovate and differentiate more quickly and freely.
Try out the new platform here for free and discover the fastest way to integrate apps in the cloud.