webMethods - Integration server - [ISS.0026.9102] Service 'wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:init' is not operational

Product/components used and version/fix level are you on:

IS_10.5_SPM_Fix9
Trading Networks Server 10.5 Fix 10
Trading Networks Server 10.5 Fix 3
Trading Networks Server 10.5 Fix 5
Trading Networks Server 10.5 Fix 11
IS_10.5_Core_TestPatch_PIE-74269_v3
Trading Networks Server 10.5 Fix 13
IS_10.5_Core_Fix20

Detailed explanation of the problem:

We are getting WmDesigner error in IS server log. Could anybody tell whether experienced the same, what that indicates and how to fix it ? Thank you very much in advance.

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log fileL

2023-03-08 09:03:29 CET [ISS.0028.0012I] (tid=72) WmDesigner: Startup service (wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:init)

2023-03-08 09:03:29 CET [ISS.0055.0003E] (tid=760) Initialization of Java Service wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:init failed due to error: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceSetupException: [ISS.0026.9104] Missing class wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution

2023-03-08 09:03:29 CET [ISS.0028.0013E] (tid=72) Startup service exited with the following error: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0026.9102] Service 'wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:init' is not operational. To run this service, first recompile the Java source.

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

N/A

Probable Cause - I saw this in 10.7, where this Class was removed, but the entries in the manifest.v3 file were not. Perhaps this is the same issue for 10.5 too, but I cannot say for certain.

Option 1 - Compile the WmDesigner package by invoking this service wm.server.packages:compilePackage, which takes the package name as input.

Option 2 - If that doesn’t solve the problem, then perhaps give this a try. However, as I mentioned, I cannot confirm if this Class removal issue is applicable for 10.5 too. Having said that, here’s what you need to do -

Edit the manifest.v3 file under your WmDesigner package, remove these 2 entries, and restart the IS -

1. Startup Service -
    <null name="wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:init"/>

2. Shutdown Service -
    <null name="wm.designer.sim.fitDistribution:shutdown"/>

Official Fix - For 10.7, an official fix was released for Deployer that resolved this.

KM

1 Like

Hi,

I found this entry in the Readme for DES_10.5_Deployer_Fix9 (the same entry can also be found in the Readme for DES_10.7_Deployer_Fix6):

WMDPD-10277
The following Process Simulation JAR files are now removed from the WmDesigner package:
- Simprocess.jar
- SPInterface.jar
- SPRemote.jar
- Modelfit.jar
- jh.jar

The issue is resolved.

Can you try to apply this Fix and see if the error is solved then?
Please note that this Fix has a dependency on PRT-Fix3 or newer, so you will have to apply this one as well.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.