webMethods connecting with Redshift database

Hi all,
I would like to connect the IS v10.7 with the Redshift database.
Anyone know what are should be the driver, source class, Network protocol and Other properties values should I use?

Thanks,
Fernando Martins

Hi Fernando,

JDBC Driver can be downloaded from here:

If you plan to use WmJDBCAdapter, check if this driver supports DataSource class implementation, otherwise you will have to use the WmDB package.

See also:

Getting the JDBC URL - Amazon Redshift (plus following chapter).

As long as Redshift is not mentiioned in the webMethods Adapters SystemRequirements Guide it is not officially supported by the JDBC Adapter.
It might work, but it is not sure.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,
Thabns for your reply… I will try and let you know…
Did you already try config a JDBC connection with Redshift? If yes, can you send me a screenshot of this configuration?

Thanks,
Fernando Martins

Hi Fernando,

If you have plans to use the Connector and CloudStreams have been installed in your IS, you can try with Connector available from the below link.

Regards,
Sandeep

Hi Fernando,

no, I dont have tried connections to a Redshift database.

I was just doing some Google Research on it and stumbled over the mentioned links.

Regards,
Holger

Thank you! I will try as well.

Hi Holger,
Thanks for your reply.

Hi Fernando,I think the best bet would be using via WmCloudStreams OOB connector to AWS RDS.(ETL) But still unsure if standalone WmJDBCAdapter supports it or not. give it a try though and post here updates. :slight_smile:

HTH,
RMG

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.